SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I got the virus
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I got the virus Login/Join 
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted
I am an essential worker with the school system. I was out every day in March- May. I thought I had it in March. But went home Monday with a fever and coughing. Last night I lost my sense of smell.. There have been a lot of kids out.
I am doing okay, but I am in the highest risk group.
After heart surgery and being over 60. I will keep you posted

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take it easy and get some rest. Drink lots of fluids.

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Good luck, man!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Hang in there. I'm 61 with a history of respiratory issues (preumonia, bronchitis, etc.).

I got it about a month ago. My kids all thought I was a goner. But, thankfully I had a very mild case and was ok again in a week.

Lots of rest, fluids and vit C.

Best wishes to you!

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Lay low and kick it's ass.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Hang in there. Hope you only have a mild dose.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Give it hell!

Take your vitamins and rest!

Keep us updated.

HK Ag

Posts: 3495 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Take care of yourself, Zecpull! You know the drill.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear that Zecpull, rest up and get better!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Good luck with da'rona, hope you kick it's behind!

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
rest up, drink a lot and you will kick its ass

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Take care of yourself.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Take care!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
You got this; keep us posted.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
I've been busy teaching a lot of people to shoot. I am glad I didn't have this for my last class.
It's a great feeling seeing someone shoot very well their first time.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I had the Rona, back in mid Oct. For me it was similar to a bad bout with the flu. The main symptoms were fever, chills, serious body/muscle ache, & a cough. I think my temp topped out about 101, not excessive.

I’m almost 58, nothing adverse, decent shape. The recovery time was long & slow, two weeks of symptoms for the most part. I found medical clinics of little help. I called 2, didn’t want me unless I couldn’t breathe.

Besides fluids & rest, I took Vitamin C, D, Zinc, kelp iodine. Later I had some medical steroids that came up as helpful, I’d have to look up name. I got those through a relative.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/

The site linked above has helpful info.

Posts: 6130 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Sending positive vibes my friend. Fight it bro.

Posts: 2581 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I agree with vitamin C and Zinc at a minimum. You’ll get through it.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Get well soon, good luck.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Take care and do not delay going to the ER if you change.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post