SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I got the virus
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I got the virus Login/Join 
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Get well, you are in my prayers.

quote:
Originally posted by cheeze:
The therapeutics they’re using

Which ones? Out of curiosity

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of snordog
posted Hide Post
Hang in there! Prayers being sent your way, hope you get well soon.

“You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.” -Al Capone

Posts: 76 | Location: Wooster, OH | Registered: April 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I’ll say a prayer for your speedy and full recovery.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You didn't get penetration
even with the elephant gun.
Picture of cheeze
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
Get well, you are in my prayers.

quote:
Originally posted by cheeze:
The therapeutics they’re using

Which ones? Out of curiosity

I’ve heard they have a few different things that are working well but I’m not a doctor. I’m just repeating something I’ve heard on the dr drew podcast.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Posts: 2243 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Load up on C, Zinc, D (sunlight) and magnesium! Get lots of rest. I had it back in August and it wasn’t a big deal at all fortunately. My dad got it too and he’s in mid 60’s and has just gotten off chemo...his chief complaint was fatigue and he’s doing great. Also, consider finding a rural doctor to teleconference with you. I found one who has had success treating it with tamiflu and an antibiotic to help stave off any pneumonia but was told if that doesn’t work I could get the other medicine. Be well friend! You should do just fine!

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4311 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
I am doing okay so far .I am doing the zinc and vitamin d. Drinking plenty of liquids, rest as much as possible.
My fever seems to come and go. When I have a fever it feels like someone beat me with a 2x4.
This is all very good advice And thanks for checking on me.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
My fever did the exact same thing. Several times. I’d think, hey I’m healing up! The. A few hours later...nope, fever again!

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4311 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my employees had to virus and he swears that letting his fever/temp remain at 100-102 for 2 consecutive days actually sped up his recovery. I don't know if there is any science behind that but he was really sick for about 4-5 days and then relatively chipper and energetic the following week. (on Zoom call anyway)

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Wishing you the very best in overcoming this illness, Sir!

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
One of my employees had to virus and he swears that letting his fever/temp remain at 100-102 for 2 consecutive days actually sped up his recovery. I don't know if there is any science behind that but he was really sick for about 4-5 days and then relatively chipper and energetic the following week. (on Zoom call anyway)

Absolutely there is. That's the whole reason your body runs a temperature when it detects an infection. Most viruses can't survive at temps slighlty above normal human metabolism. So as part of the immune response, it carefully raises body temp to burn out the infection. The game of course is raising temp just enough to work, but not so far as to kill the entire body.

The first thing many people do when they get a fever is to try and bring it down, but that may be a mistake. You really want the fever to run hot enough, long enough to suppress the infection, but not end up killing yourself in the process.

Your friend played the game well.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Absolutely there is. That's the whole reason your body runs a temperature when it detects an infection. Most viruses can't survive at temps slighlty above normal human metabolism. So as part of the immune response, it carefully raises body temp to burn out the infection. The game of course is raising temp just enough to work, but not so far as to kill the entire body.

The first thing many people do when they get a fever is to try and bring it down, but that may be a mistake. You really want the fever to run hot enough, long enough to suppress the infection, but not end up killing yourself in the process.

Your friend played the game well.

Now that is interesting. I have never had that explained before.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Get Well
Prayers sent

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
I had the Kung Flu back in January. Me and two of my close friends. All three hospitalized for 3-5 days respectively. At the time it was diagnosed as pneumonia, later testing showed the antibodies. The one guy has bad asthma, all in our 40s. It sucked.

Stay well my friend.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Speedy recovery my friend.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
thoughts and prayers

Posts: 1596 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Prayers. Thanks for sharing your experience with it. My lungs suck, and I've got hypertension, so I've been a bit apprehensive about how my experience may go. Real stories from real people getting through it help. Thank you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Hope you are still doing well.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
We went to a 70th birthday party for a friend of my wife Saturday night. E-vite said masks to be worn and an outdoor party of about 35 guests with 3 Nashville musicians. I wore my mask, but nobody else did, not even my wife. We sat outside, but my wife chatted with the hostess and others inside. We got an email from the birthday girl a few minutes ago saying that a guest had tested positive. Awww Shit! Getting tested tomorrow at a drive-through; day 5. Shit Shit Shit!

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Nutrients Strengthen the Immune System Against Viral Infections
Orange and supplements for vitamin c

A review published in the Archives of Physiology and Biochemistry found evidence for nutrients including protein, vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids, that strengthen the human immune system against viral infections.*

Fifty-one articles were reviewed, which focused on the effects of nutrients in immunity and viral infections. They included reports of randomized trials, case-control studies, in vivo studies, and randomized-trial meta-analyses.

These studies identified protein, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins A, B1, B6, B12, C, D and E, iron, selenium, and zinc as having a role in strengthening the immune system and supporting immune function.

Among the mechanisms discussed are:

The role of amino acids in the immune system’s antiviral actions,
Vitamin A’s involvement in maintaining mucosal integrity,
Vitamin C’s anti-inflammatory effect in sepsis,
Vitamin D-associated reduction of viral replication rates and inflammatory cytokine levels,
Vitamin E’s ability to help maintain T-cell membrane integrity, and
Zinc’s ability to impair viral replication.

https://www.lifeextension.com/...en-the-immune-system

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure you will get much better soon. Took me quite a while (age and some re-existing health problems).

Today was first day of not being followed by a daily phone call and several other calls per week from VA TeleHealth.

I think my only lingering effects are that I am weak as a kitten and have zero endurance. If I get up from my computer chair and walk out thru the house to the garage, I end up stopping when I get there to recover.

The VA nurse, in our discharge conference yesterday, said that was the most prevalent complaint of those who'd had the virus.

My wife is back to 2-3 miles of pretty fast walking a day, still doesn't have any sense of smell or taste.

I'm not sure how old you are, but am pretty sure you are younger than me and that is in your favor. All you can do is hang in there, try to do some mild exercise and wait for time to heal you.

Bob

Posts: 1559 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post