SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Edited: Recommend an American flag pole
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Edited: Recommend an American flag pole Login/Join 
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
If memory is correct 5ft x9 1/2ft(storm)... 10ftx 18ft(post) ... 20ft x 36ft(garrison) were the sizes )of flags on Army bases. Trust me that it takes one hell of flag pole to support that garrison flags(20ft x 36ft) which was more for ceremonial purposes. Like retirement parades for ranking generals or VIP visitors or major holidays. And the top pulley on the post headquarters flag pole was the Only truck on the base. All others were vehicals. ........................................ drill sgt.

Posts: 2001 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the thread. Just ordered a 20’ pole kit from Flag Pole Farm.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I’ve got the flagpole up now!

It’s a 20’ Titan Telescoping pole I purchased from https://flagpolefarm.com/. When I received it, I thought 20’ might be too short. Now that it’s up, if fits in well with the yard.

It’s a very nice pole made in the USA and comes with a flag and gold ball topper. The flag attaches to rings on the pole to allow it to move in the wind so it doesn’t get wrapped up.

The hole they spec takes every bit of 200lbs of concrete mix. Between digging the 14” x 28” deep hole and mixing the concrete in the wheelbarrow, it was a workout. Worth it! I’ve put it off too long.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post