SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mom's fairwell dinner - Rack of Lamb.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mom's fairwell dinner - Rack of Lamb. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Coming from someone who knows their way around the kitchen better than most; "DAYUMMM"!!!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Yes, please enter me into this lamb karma. Big Grin

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Recipe PLEASE! I have a good crusted rack of lamb recipe, but sous vide rack of lamb finished on my kamodo grill sounds fabulous!!! Email in profile if need be!

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
You did a delicious looking job.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
Recipe PLEASE! I have a good crusted rack of lamb recipe, but sous vide rack of lamb finished on my kamodo grill sounds fabulous!!! Email in profile if need be!

I don't use recipes 99% of the time. So I will guesstimate things here.

6 sprigs of thyme
14-15 basil leaves
Long stalk of rosemary or two smaller ones

Remove above from stems.

Drop in blender with 3-4 oz of olive oil, 2-3 oz of any vinegar you like (I used balsamic). Just enough liquid to make everything blend to paste or slightly liquid mix. Plus about 1/8 onion and 5-6 large cloves of garlic. Add S&P, if I had to guess 1 table spoon each.

Blend until you end up with a paste that you can brush on and stick in place. If it's too liquid like then it will either get sucked into vacuum sealer or run off if going straight on the grill.

Wipe off excess paste after sous vide-ing for 2 hours at 132*F and add more S&P. I usually just leave the stuff on there as it crusts nicely, but to sear best it should be wiped/patted dry. Sear at ~600*F for about 2 minutes per side. Standing up like you see in the first pic, then two minutes on each side or so. Just for looks it's already fully cooked.

Pretty simple, but again everything I do is to taste. If you try the paste before it cooks it will be extremely strong flavored and overly salty, this mostly cooks off as you cook it and you are left with a nice crust and mild flavor.

****Note if finishing in a pan instead of a grill you must wipe off and pat surface dry after sous vide-ing to get it to sear and keep it from turning black as you cook it. You can add some sprigs of herbs and butter back in 1/2 way through searing if you want the strong aromatics on there.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post