SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mom's fairwell dinner - Rack of Lamb.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mom's fairwell dinner - Rack of Lamb. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
Mom is moving to India in a week or so if all her paperwork goes through finally. So I decided to have a little going away dinner. Not always easy for her as she has many diet restrictions.

I ended up sous vide-ing two racks of lamb in a marinade/paste of fresh Thyme, Basil, and Rosemary. It was those herbs, a few hunks of onion, some cloves of garlic, and S&P with some olive oil and vinegar in the blender to make it into paste. Coated them in yummy paste and vacuum sealed them overnight in fridge. Then sous vided it the next day. Seared it on my little smokey joe over pear wood and charcoal to finish it off.

Sides were a Marco Polo roll from Wegmans. Super creamy mashed potatoes (made with butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese). My favorite new vegetable side - Roasted cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, pearl onions, and garlic cloves, plus some bacon because bacon makes life better.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20813 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
That looks very good.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Yum!

Posts: 12917 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
"Yum" doesn't begin to describe it!

Very nicely done... I'll bet she loved every bite! Wink

Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Bravo!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Dang, Skins, that looks GOOD!

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most excellent. Rack of lamb done like that is hard to top.

Posts: 1960 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
That looks outstanding. Color me green with envy.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That looks amazing. Nice work, man!

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
That simply looks mouth watering, nice job

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OH boy!!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Perfect! Just the way I like them.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
This post/story is incomplete.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
If I was given a meal like that before moving, I would've decided to stay.

Damn that meal looks incredible.

Posts: 13093 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That looks great.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Looks delicious.

I hope it was as good as it looks.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie1:
That simply looks mouth watering, nice job

Mouthwatering is right!
Great-looking dinner, Jesse.

Posts: 8613 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post