SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UK grandma shoots intruder with crossbow
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UK grandma shoots intruder with crossbow Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
“… Asked why she kept the Redback Pistol crossbow, she said: 'It is a home defence weapon. I am a prepper I believe you should hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I wish I had another four cross bows. It is a man stopper. It is the most powerful pistol cross bow…”

Smile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...amed-Manstopper.html

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Despite it's single shot limitations, a crossbow would be one heck of a visually intimidating weapon. Who in the heck would want to take a bolt through any part of their body?

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I am surprised those aren't illegal as well. Good shoot!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
"I managed to spin and shoot him in the belly with it at close range."

"The bolt I shot him with was dirty because I had been using it. It was six inches long and disappeared into him."

"The victim told police she shot one intruder with a crossbow but we have so far been unable to trace any injured party."

My guess is he is dead by now.

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Gut shot!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank God she didn't use one of those tactical knives, then she would be in deep shit!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
So now we are down to machetes and crossbows? Smile

(And when those are made illegal, it will be sticks and stones).

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
War hammers and crossbows. They've gone medieval.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
War hammers and crossbows. They've gone medieval.

... if that's what is left ... effective.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:

What's that show on AMC? Is it Into The Badlands? Where there are no more firearms in insistance (or ever were; I don't know as I've never actually watched it) yet things are as brutal as ever with just swords, knives, etc.

Either way, the killing gets done.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30403 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:

What's that show on AMC? Is it Into The Badlands? Where there are no more firearms in insistance (or ever were; I don't know as I've never actually watched it) yet things are as brutal as ever with just swords, knives, etc.

Either way, the killing gets done.

And that's the reality liberals choose to ignore, and their laws make things worse.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Discussion points... Type of point on the crossbow bolt; broadhead, or target point? If a broadhead, width of point, and/or number of blades, two or three? If a broadhead of some type, could definitely be messy! If a medieval point, broadhead or armor piercing, in case armor of sometype is involved!
Anyway good on her, not wanting to be helpless!

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Very glad it worked out (reasonably well) for her. Given that there were 4 intruders and that they were armed with weapons capable of killing both her and her friend—her one shot crossbow was a fight stopper. Since an arrow kills by hypovolemic shock, she could have been hacked to death before the guy she shot became incapacitated.

Posts: 13253 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats: Since an arrow kills by hypovolemic shock, she could have been hacked to death before the guy she shot became incapacitated.

That's true, but I'd bet seeing that bolt stuck in your guts or feeling it go through and out would take the fight out of most people.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
thats gotta really hurt

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A bunch of panty wastes controlling England now. Good for grandma.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grannies of the UK, we need you alive! No one needs a crossbow.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3529 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
Link to story with a TON of pics

This is one of the more interesting news stories I have seen in a while.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, grandmas have changed since I was young.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post