SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DC sniper Lee Boyd Malvo's life sentence thrown out - sent back to lower court for re-sentencing
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DC sniper Lee Boyd Malvo's life sentence thrown out - sent back to lower court for re-sentencing Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I want both of those fuckers dead. They terrorized my area, made traffic hell forever, and shot someone moments after my mom left the same gas station. They can't burn in hell fast enough for me.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
So, life with the possibility of parole, then?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I want both of those fuckers dead.

I don't think you will find much argument against that but as noted before, it ain't gonna happen.
They should give 10 life sentences, consecutive. Maybe he gets out when he's 113-130.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So apparently there is a certain age that evil infested pig shit of a brain becomes a citizen that functions in society?

Posts: 693 | Location: West of the Pecos | Registered: July 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
what I do not get is the hypocrisy. Why can folk line up to condemn a child that goes bang bang with their finger at school. so "for the safety of the children" we throw the MAXIMUM penalty allowed at them (typically suspension) and treat them like terrorist. All of this "for the children". but then are aghast and blanch when a so called young adult, plots and murders and is in every conceivable way a terrorist. Where is the cry for the same maximum penalty for the crime? (death is what he should get, those he murdered did not get parole).

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
so let me get this straight

the bastard should have been shot dead on sight but instead he gets to live out his life in a warm cell with three meals a day, free medical and a nice library of Better Homes and Gardens

but he's complaining about the fact that we let him live?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I want both of those fuckers dead.

I don't think you will find much argument against that but as noted before, it ain't gonna happen.
They should give 10 life sentences, consecutive. Maybe he gets out when he's 113-130.

That was not a rational response, it was an emotional one. My mother was seconds from being a victim and I was afraid to get gas. Additionally 4 hr backups on beltway while they searched box trucks. Not only do I want him to join his mentor, I want it to be cruel and unusual.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Jeez, thanks, Elena. So what constitutes a reasonable possibility for parole for someone whose cohort was executed and who was himself sentenced to life in prison? Of course, the possibility of parole means that there has to actually be a realistic chance that this murdering little bastard can be paroled! What kind of a dysfunctional mess is he going to be when he finally hits the streets?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
OK, new sentence. 50 years for each person killed, served consecutively!

Damned liberal asshole judges, anyway.

Klinton appointee, that explains it.

The Clinton appointee had nothing to do with it. The Supreme Court has decided that life without parole is cruel and unusual in the case of a defendant who was a minor at the time the crime was committed. The District Court has no decision to make with those facts.

The sentences were imposed in state courts. Malvo was in Federal Court on petitions for writs of habeas corpus.

You may want to redirect your ire at the liberals on the Supreme Court which decided Miller v. Alabama 5-4 with Roberts, Scalia, Thomas, and Alito dissenting.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Ten consecutive life terms ...

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Why is he still alive?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Why is he still alive?

The death penalty for youthful offenders was nixed some time ago.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised Barry didn't pardon him.

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
A serial killer eligible for release. What could go wrong?

Thinking... Thinking... Thinking...

There's not much that could go wrong there Roll Eyes

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder how this is going to work. Virginia abolished parole in 1995.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Why is he still alive?

The death penalty for youthful offenders was nixed some time ago.

Well if the State won't do it, release him so we can do it.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
This will make it even worse. They're going to have to give him a non-life sentence that will allow him to get out within a foreseeable lifetime.

quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
I wonder if any of his victims were under age 18?

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
This will make it even worse. They're going to have to give him a non-life sentence that will allow him to get out within a foreseeable lifetime.

quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:

Fortunately, his chances of getting paroled is roughly 3.5%.

However, it is Virginia.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Much to do about nothing. The big thing to be pissed about is the taxpayer money that he is spending to get this thrown back for re-sentencing. His legal counsel is free, the man hours and fuel to transport him back and forth to court, all out of our pockets.

What this will amount to for Malvo, is a few car rides, maybe a drive through at McDonalds, or more likely a bag nasty, and then right back in the box. At the end of the day, he is going no where.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post