SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sir Forum is always fast and reliable
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sir Forum is always fast and reliable Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
Whomever Para uses for provider service, wherever this site is hosted, is fast and reliable. Uptime is solid, this forum loads page views much faster than other sites. I’m on some automotive and motorcycle forums and they are in the slow lane. And their forum code always, consistently needs to be upgraded, shutting the site down. No such thing here. Props.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sir Forum, the noblest of forums!

Big Grin

I've always had consistent good performance here, thankfully!

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
To hell and back.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
Every so often, there is a hiccup in the universe and SF is not accessible for a minute or two.

Afterward, you would be surprised at the number of folks who just lost their minds.

But yes, and Para is always kind enough to warn in advance for planned server upgrades/maintenance. He may be single-handedly responsible for the mental health of tens of thousands.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That's my experience as well.

Even with sometimes crappy 1x internet while offshore, this site routinely loads quickly and reliably. Probably has a lot to do with the fact that there are no God awful ads.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every time I open this site I'm thankful that it's fast and that I'm not assaulted by ads.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yes, Sir.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
My one and only home!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I think a key reason is because this is a simple page. It's not flooded with ads. I'm on some forums where the damn ads load before the content.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Sigforum is often my test to see if systems are working.
Something not loading? I click the light green olive background w/ p225 to see if information is flowing.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I think a key reason is because this is a simple page. It's not flooded with ads. I'm on some forums where the damn ads load before the content.

Precisely.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
Something not loading? I click the light green olive background w/ p225 to see if information is flowing.

Ha, I do the exact same thing.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
X1000 on the excellent job Para is doing with this great forum. Thanks Para!

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
This is the only forum in which I "play". And for the reasons already cited.

Congratulations and humongous respect,and THANKS to Para for providing this place of refuge and education.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'Sir Forum', a fitting title indeed!
I would be more than sad if I lost access. Much better than any pill Big Pharma could develop.

Posts: 516 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:

Same. It’s that reliable and that’s down to the owner(s) skillfully picking a service provider and PAYING for the speed. I work on the 5 9’s daily, and it’s a tough job to keep it that way so I know a thing or two.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loved those Texas
one room schools
posted Hide Post
I'm thankful that Para provides this site.

"Louis was furious with the sharks. He thought they had an understanding: The men would stay out of the sharks' turf - the water - and the sharks would stay off theirs - the raft...If the sharks were going to try to eat him, he was going to try to eat them." From Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

Posts: 1862 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I love it here and think it is the BEST forum PERIOD!! Thanks Para!! Well done!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
As you can tell from my post count, I spend a lot of time here with you guys. It's entertaining and educational. I appreciate the opportunity to be here, and am grateful to Para for his patience and generosity.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post