SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daughter and Archery - Now a field staff shooter!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter and Archery - Now a field staff shooter! Login/Join 
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Maya, and PSE for recognizing talent.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4834 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
An incredible story of talent, perseverance and a marvel of parental support.

Congratulations to Maya, and her parents for an superb job all around!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you and Maya!

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Center mass,
Armpit level...

Picture of greekfed
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Maya!
:-)

Posts: 3154 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: August 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s so awesome!

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The Saga continues! Good on you Maya!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!! Love that smile.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. I have enjoyed watching this whole story.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I've seen your posts about your daughter's archery from time to time. How old is she now? The picture on this thread makes her look like she's had a growth spurt.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Awesome as always! Congratulations Maya & Dad! Smile

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1903 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Very nice to see a young person rewarded for all their hard work.

Congratulations to Maya, well deserved!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redhookbklyn:
Very nice to see a young person rewarded for all their hard work.

Congratulations to Maya, well deserved!

I wish I could remember the quote about talent and sleeves rolled up, but nobody gets anywhere near as good as she has without a LOT of work. Good on her for doing it and good on you and Mom for supporting her doing it!

Posts: 6917 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
What a rewarding journey to watch vicariously. Congratulations to all of your family.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I've seen your posts about your daughter's archery from time to time. How old is she now? The picture on this thread makes her look like she's had a growth spurt.

Funny that you mention that, she has had a major growth spurt. She's grown enough now to where she can now shoot most manufacturers' mainline target bows and not have to shoot a short draw design. Back in September one of the archers on our team decided that she wanted to switch from compound to recurve. We bought her Hoyt Pro Comp FX compound bow and our daughter has been shooting it and doing well with it ever since. We had planed on looking at bows with the eye for upgrading in Vegas next month at the Vegas Shoot next month and PSE was on our short list.

The other side of growing is aging. She turns 13 this spring, aging up into a higher age bracket for both Vegas and USA Archery. So she's now at the bottom of the age bracket for her division rather than the top.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
I have really enjoyed your postings regarding your daughter's growth in the sport. Congratulations to you both!

Posts: 4811 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great news. I have enjoyed following her progress.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Maya!
It's been a real pleasure following her journey.
Please keep the updates coming.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
congratulations to Maya,and to you Dad.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post