SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daughter and Archery - Now a field staff shooter!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter and Archery - Now a field staff shooter! Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Coming around full circle tonight. The very first bow that our daughter shot was a PSE and tonight she became their latest field staff shooter through the Arizona Archery Club. PSE is one of the major bow manufacturers this would be similar to a competitive shooter being sponsored by Sig.

This really is a dream come true for our daughter. I cannot thank Coach Heather enough for what she has done. She endorsed our daughter last week with PSE during the Archery Trade Association show. Tonight she handed our daughter her backup bow for her to use until her new bow arrives from PSE. She in turn went out tonight and shot a 284 out of 300 with it with minimal adjustments made.

Proud of our daughter and looking forward to seeing her wear a PSE staff jersey.

First shot.

Hearing the news from Coach Heather.

Letting things soak in a little.

Her reaction.

Coach Heather, Coach Tony and our daughter.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Apparently PSE recognizes talent. Big Grin
Very happy for your daughter.
She seems to have the drive that most of us can only wish for!

Go Team Maya!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That's great!

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
That's great... Congrats!

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Maya. I met the owner of PSE at the Vegas Shoot several years ago. Class Guy!

I'd be proud to represent them and I'm sure you and Maya will as well.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

I shot a recurve for fun a while back, and had a PSE that worked great for me. They made good stuff and I am glad to hear they're backing Maya! Smile

Posts: 15023 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I have followed and looked forward to these since the day you began posting them.

Congrats to all, and especially to you Dad. Well done.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
I have enjoyed this thread more than any other during my time on Sigforum.

Congratulations to your daughter AND you!

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1598 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Very nice - congrats to Maya!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and "Well Done" to dad/coach and attentive daughter/student!!!!

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
That is awesome, congrats to her and you as well!

My daughter is just getting into archery, though more on the hunting side. She's definitely hooked and shooting a good hour or more per day. She's actually pretty impressive and is only going to get better, wouldn't surprise me if she wants to get into the competitive part one day.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
Well, you made my day once again! I love it when my day starts off with good news about Maya...

Many more "Good Days" coming for your young lady if she keeps up the effort and attitude she has shown thus far!

Congrats all around, and "Well Done", indeed Big Grin

Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Maya!
Way to go!

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stupid Question- does the sponsorship affect her ability to compete at a college level? I know there are bunch of rules but I don't know what they are...

Posts: 758 | Registered: March 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hit me with the
high beams, baby
Picture of wheeler10k
posted Hide Post
That is awesome!

Posts: 1007 | Location: Fortune's Happy Acre | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ECSquirrel:
Stupid Question- does the sponsorship affect her ability to compete at a college level? I know there are bunch of rules but I don't know what they are...

It's a staff shooter agreement rather than an outright sponsorship. It's an agreement between her and PSE to represent them and their product in a positive manner. In return she receives discounts on equipment and priority in ordering equipment.

Athletic eligibility can become a minefield to navigate. Arizona is one of the strictest states for it. Bottom line if she accepts anything for free or any prize money, she forfeits and all high school and college athletic eligibility. At 12, we don't want to make a decision that can benefit her now with the potential of being a detriment later so that's why we're being careful.

She can be a staff shooter and maintain eligibility. It's a significant financial relief for us. But more importantly, it's a sense of pride and motivation for her.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Now that she's a Field Staff Shooter, she's required to have a social media presence. So my 12 year old now has her own athlete page on Facebook for archery. You can search her under Maya Miller Archer or maydayarchery

https://www.facebook.com/maydayarchery/

Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Michael

Posts: 1100 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, on her skills, and achievement applying those skills!

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1526 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post