SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Airguns Anyone?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Airguns Anyone? Login/Join 
Picture of ridewv
posted
Fun to shoot, quiet, and cheap, what's not to like right? Next to shooting .22 probably my next favorite gun to shoot and plink around with are airguns.
After mowing the grass this evening (and enjoying a couple beverages on the porch) I brought these two out of the closet and literally perforated the empty cans. Big Grin

The rifle is an old Crosman 6300 which was simply a rebadged Anschutz 333. The pistol is an HK 70.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I enjoy mine as well:

(L-R) Gamo ACCU22, Webley Hawk MKIII, Crosman 1300KT, Crosman P1322

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16184 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
This little Predom-Lucznik Polish one is a lot of fun and pretty accurate. I bought three or four of them way backwhen for about 45 bucks each...now they're going for around 200, if you can find one.
Oh, and you might notice the resemblence to another famous firearm.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
I’m a fan. I grew up shooting a Beeman/Webley Vulcan (and any number of Daisies and Crosmans) until it was stolen. I now have a RWS Diana Air King.

Airguns are a whole other rabbit hole to go down. If you go PCP (precharged pneumatic), you open up a whole realm of pretty cool options, but look out, the whole rig can get pretty pricey.

There is a super-active shooting community, and because the Europeans are so invested in them, lots of interesting people to talk to. The British and the Swedes in particular make really beautiful, interesting guns.

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8796 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I wore out probably a dozen crossmans growing up. I had a pigeon and mouse killing gig and I’d get paid to shoot them. Made a couple hundred bucks one summer.

I recall my old man getting me an RWS 36 one year for Christmas. It was the best I’d ever had. Wore it out too. I found it a few months ago and sent it off to RWS/Umarex to be refreshed. They didn’t do a very good job but that’s another story for later.

I really want a new airgun but there are so many options!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Nice assortment there Bald1.

Cool Zoom6zoom, both your Predom-Lucznik Polish and Walther LP53 are little break barrel .177's? I'd never heard or seen 007 posters with him holding that air pistol.

I figured there'd be a number of us here on this forum interested in airguns.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
I wore out probably a dozen crossmans growing up.

I grew up with a Crosman 130 series .177 pump pistol back in the '50s. Still wish I had that one. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16184 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

I grew up with a Crosman 130 series .177 pump pistol back in the '50s. Still wish I had that one. Smile

I bet you do!

I still have the Benjamin .177 pump pistol my father bought me around 1963. The leather seals have dried up or simply failed because it barely builds any pressure. I need to find someone who is good working on these old Benjamins and have it restored so I can shoot it again.

Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
Cool Zoom6zoom, both your Predom-Lucznik Polish and Walther LP53 are little break barrel .177's? I'd never heard or seen 007 posters with him holding that air pistol.

It's also on posters for The Man with the Golden Gun, and You only Live Twice. Or one that's so close that you can't tell the difference.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post