SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Michael Avenatti arrested for alleged $20 million extortion attempt against Nike //
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michael Avenatti arrested for alleged $20 million extortion attempt against Nike // Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
bwahahahahahahahahaha!

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
He's also facing federal charges in California for bank fraud.

This is amazing. A tsunami of good news!

That's what I've been hoping for; that Donald Trump channels his inner Michael Corleone and starts going medieval on the asses of EVERYONE involved in this attempt to remove him from office.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's only Monday and already there is almost too much winning this week to contain myself!

Posts: 2465 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, one square does not equal ALL family business. It's a fun start but we want the full BINGO

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Call the ho. She'll save him.

Nope.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
What. A. Pity.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Waiting for Avenatti to drop the soap.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Thinking that if hilliary had won the election none of this bad shit would have happened to mikey today. He’d probably be the effing attorney general. Big Grin

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.cnn.com/politics/l...i-charged/index.html

Avenatti made the initial threats to Nike on March 19. Shortly afterward, Nike informed federal prosecutors in New York of the threats.

After that, interactions between Avenatti and Nike were recorded and monitored by the FBI, US Attorney Geoffrey Berman said.

“By engaging in the conduct alleged in the complaint, Avenatti was not acting as an attorney. A suit and tie doesn’t mask the fact that at its core, this was an old-fashioned shakedown," Berman said.

From the FBI complaint doc:

Attorney -1 and Attorney -2 represent Nike

CC -1 unnamed coconspirator

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't been this happy with the turn of events since the presidential election.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. ~Brian O’ Driscoll

Posts: 1453 | Location: Back to the Island in MS | Registered: May 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Oh how the slimy slug turns! LOL Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
I wonder what effect this will have on his Presidential bid. Big Grin

Jim

Yes, for a while he was the glory boy for the Dems,the new face of the Democratic Party. That makes one down and about 20 more to crash by 2020.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
One of the charges must be attempted theft.

Trying to steal Jesse Jackson's and Al Sharpton's playbook.

They are way smarter/slicker than he is. They've been successfully shaking down all sorts of folks since he was in diapers and are still walking around free.
Got to know your limitations.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cannot wait for Avenatti to dump the dirt on Nike, yes yes 2 birds with one stone Smile

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
another part of the complaint:

full FBI complaint:

https://www.documentcloud.org/...int.html#document/p1

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Something tells me I know what Tucker Carlson's lead story is going to be tonight. Wink I truly think Tucker hates this lying scumbag.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I’ll have a sweet tea.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now if we can just get a pissing contest going between Avenatti and Stormy Daniels, there is no telling how high the shit pile can be.....wiping both out!!! Oh, how I do love this winning thing!!

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post