SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SIG P230SL from the cancelled raffle
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SIG P230SL from the cancelled raffle Login/Join 
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Well I’m in!

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5295 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol. I am in.

Posts: 252 | Location: Lebanon, PA | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
Me too.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I guess it seems as if this pistol will never get sold, but there's going to be one more delay. Likely, I will not be able to give my attention to the auction this Saturday. For those who have been waiting for a chance at this pistol, I apologize, but we will get this done. I have a personal matter to attend to. Real life intrudes, but, hopefully, this will be a very short delay. Thanks for your patience.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
What about a blind bid where you close bidding at your discretion?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14035 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I would say to leave the bidding open for a certain period of time (maybe a few minutes) until there are no more... this will keep someone from trying to get it at the last second.. Gunbroker does something like this, it's called the 15 minute rule.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, let's plan on opening up the bidding this coming Saturday afternoon, 7/4, ending the auction perhaps three days later.

quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Gunbroker does something like this, it's called the 15 minute rule.
Good point. Let me think about it. Something along the lines of the "one hour rule" perhaps, and ending the auction about 9:30 or 10 PM East coast time, so that most members will be free to see the end of the auction.

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol, good luck everyone!

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post