SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SIG P230SL from the cancelled raffle
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SIG P230SL from the cancelled raffle Login/Join 
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
No, that won't work.

This isn't a karma - it was originally intended to be a fund raising mechanism to help offset the costs associated with operating the forum. Guessing the value does not benefit anyone other than the eventual winner.

I'd favor the same method used for Proto-1.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Open auction across all the forums, this would raise the final price, which this site, without a doubt deserves!! (Don't even know if that is possible)

Good Luck Para!!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, an open auction sounds good, thanks. I'll put that up in the next day or two.

Posts: 107255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Did this get posted or are we paused for the lockdown?

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Auction" a la PROTO-1

...I should have read the last page...

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Everyone is preoccupied with the bigkahunavirus, so, yeah, I was hesitating.

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Para: If the lucky winner of this delight is in northern Virginia, I will happily handle the transfer for free.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31379 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I say you ( para) keep it and sell it , and do what ever you want w/ whatever you can get. You more than deserve it.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Actually, and unfortunately for me, I think an open auction here would bring the most money... much more than I could ever afford. So, go for it.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Will it be possible to set it up by selling tickets on something such as gun broker? You could set the quantity at whatever you want with the price at whatever you want per ticket. At the end of the auction, which is actually for raffle tickets, you pick a winner. I believe this way would be able to get you the most money in order to offset forum expenses and get maximum participation so more members can participate (therefore increasing how much $ comes in). I think you will get more participation if people believe they can win it for $7 versus a bid system.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
While my informal bid of $500 stands, an auction ledger total may be more substantial if action is kicked off June 1st.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
That was a generous donation by member DK148. I suggest using the funds from the auction to help send LDD to SHOT 2021. We want another report!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I think the proceeds should be donated to some agency local to Para to buy PPE for their first responders.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SOTAR
posted Hide Post
Raffle it off. $5 a ticket. Basically a Karma with a $5 entry fee.

I remember the original karma and the issue somewhat. Not sure if this method would get around it or not.

Posts: 1037 | Location: portland, OR | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
That was a generous donation by member DK148. I suggest using the funds from the auction to help send LDD to SHOT 2021. We want another report!

Not sure if LDD will have time with SHOT, considering he's preoccupied with his law school studies. I say, leave him alone.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
Nice pistol, good luck

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, it's time to get this done. The pistol will be auctioned this Saturday, 6/27 and will go to the highest bidder. This sale violates no local, state of Federal laws. It's merely an "or best offer" sale.

The auction will begin Saturday afternoon and will end Tuesday evening, 6/30.

Thanks for your patience and thanks to all those who will participate.

Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol and I think a good idea too.

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Hot dog! I know I don't have a chance but I'll join in as long as I don't get too distracted...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Cool.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post