SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SIG P230SL from the cancelled raffle
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SIG P230SL from the cancelled raffle Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Regular members may know that we had to cancel the raffle of a pistol donated to the forum by member DK148 because someone got their panties wadded over state regs.
The question is what to do with the pistol. Should I just put it in the Classifieds at a set price, or should I sell it for the best offer, or what? All of that is legal, so... Roll Eyes

The package includes the pistol and two mags, box w/all, a beautiful set of Nill grips, and a voucher for the refinishing services of your choice for the pistol, courtesy of CCR refinishing.

What do you guys think?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Sell it on sealed bids by email to you. With a reserve price known only to one admin, and a fixed expiration date for bids

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Best bid, like proto-1.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Sell it on sealed bids by email to you. With a reserve price known only to one admin, and a fixed expiration date for bids

Apart from the inbox flood to you or the assigned admin/auctioneer, I like this silent auction style idea.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Do bids like gunbroker but limit it to forum members as of a certain date. Set a minimun price too. Isn't that what was done for that one of P226/P228 that 12131 bought a while ago?

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
Do bids like gunbroker but limit it to forum members as of a certain date. Set a minimun price too. Isn't that what was done for that one of P226/P228 that 12131 bought a while ago?

I agree.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
Best bid, like proto-1.

^^^
This looks like the best option. Only members can post so that shouldn't be a problem.
A minimum post count may be good too.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
Best bid, like proto-1.

Sealed bid.

Otherwise, just like the proto-1 auction.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
A silent auction would be easier to administer. Just open a thread in the classified section and let members post their bid. Either set a date/time deadline or let it run until interest dies and sell to the last/highest bidder.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm for the sealed bid idea.

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

That would be my recommendation.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

That would be my recommendation.

I agree.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Best offer in the Classifieds. It'll be triple-one-of-a-kind, as the first so far Best Highest Offer sale.

Open bids. If a buyer wants their bid kept secret, they can email you from their profile email address and you'll post the bid on behalf of Member XYZ.

No commentary from the peanut gallery without a firm bid. Established member of 100 days w/ 100 posts to bid.

Run it for three weeks as a sticky.

And to kick it off right, Woodman starts the bidding at $500.

That is my 2¢.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree with Woodman...best offer in the Classifieds.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of silent auctions unless it's at a fundraiser for a foo foo gift. I thought the whole idea of an auction is to drive the price up. Not as effective when it's silent.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Open auction, like PROTO-1 is best, imo.

Classifieds or not doesn't matter, as Para has the ability to make the auction appear in all the subforums, so all can see, even if you don't frequent certain one(s).

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I would say that anybody that wants to can make a donation to the forum, say over a two week or one month period.

Then, if you want to do a karma Para, you certainly can. And as our long history of karmas shows, the winner can be chosen at random, or just any which way the karma sponsor chooses.

Posts: 3424 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
open auction. never understood sealed bids as strategy unless market value isn't clear.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
never understood sealed bids as strategy unless market value isn't clear.

It's for those who don't want to have their significant others walking by the computer and see them buying more toys. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Or, do it like The Price is Right.

Have it valued by someone, for instance Bruce Gray, then everyone who wants in, posts their guess. The nearest one, without going over wins it. If someone guesses bang on the nose, the game stops and they are the winner. Run it for 48 hours. No need to drag it out.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post