SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you can, support your local restaurants
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you can, support your local restaurants Login/Join 
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Mezzaluna on Old Dixie highway,great little pizza/Italian food and Capt'n BBQ in Bings Landing in Palm Coast on a1a are doing takeout. Great food plus at Capt'ns you can pull up your boat and get the food..

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're trying the take out thing as often as we can but damn, I want to go back into a restaurant again.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3523 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
An amazing project has flourished here

A couple of local started something similar here. They are recruiting more restaurants and donors and coordinating w/ hospitals and first responders. A donation feeds a healthcare worker and supports one of you local restaurants.

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
We've had takeout 3 or 4 times in the last several weeks, but I must admit I am concerned. There is a potential for infected people to be handling the food, or packaging. Add to that asymptomatic people. . to me it's a risk.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2/3 of our favorite places have closed up and are locked up, but we did go to Culver's drive through yesterday.
We normally would eat out 6 or 8 times a month,
We are down to twice per month ☹️.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54600 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
The few drive thru places around here are pretty packed so we pretty much just eat at home, hunkered down.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We don't eat out a ton as it is, so with me working from home, I am cooking more than I did before honestly. SO I can't see us going out a lot to pick food up.

Posts: 430 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Been to Chick-Fil-A a few times in the last couple weeks. No chinese crud is stopping me from a spicy deluxe sando.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
We've had takeout 3 or 4 times in the last several weeks, but I must admit I am concerned. There is a potential for infected people to be handling the food, or packaging. Add to that asymptomatic people. . to me it's a risk.

We had that happen at a fairly well known and higher end establishment. 8 employees positive.

https://fox2now.com/news/8-ann...ected-with-covid-19/

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
In full support, doing our part each day, 1 meal out.

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I dropped by my local Italian place last Friday after work and picked up a pizza. Ate on it for four days. Cool

I'm thinking I may do that again this weekend.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:

Agreed. The wife and I hit the grocery store and that's pretty much it. I know you can get fucked up at a grocery store too but we're trying to reduce our attack surface.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
We went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch today. I just keep getting more and more impressed with them. They had two lines set up with several employees directing traffic and keeping the lines moving. This is a very busy Chick and the lines were at least 50 yds long. Several more taking orders as the lines moved and a couple more taking money farther up the line. Two or three more outside handing out food as you drove up and another one directing traffic out of the drive through. Not only was it fast and efficient but they had a least a dozen of employees working outside and keeping their jobs. There had to be a lot more working inside since the orders were getting filled so fast.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The drive-through at the local Chick-Fil-A is usually jammed at going-home-from-work time.

Today on my way home I noticed that the line was pretty short, so I grabbed a couple of spicy chicken sandwiches (extra pickle, of course).

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordered and picked up BBQ from Hutchins BBQ in McKinney yesterday evening. One of the owners brought it to our car.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I've been getting take out 2-3x a week throughout, to mix things up and support the community.

Spreading it around, too. Italian, Fried Chicken, Mexican, etc. Some are barely open, 1-3 staff.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some are barely open, 1-3 staff.

They interviewed a local restaurant owner who has been in business for many years and owns the building they operate out of. He laid off 80 employees and is operating the take out between himself, his wife, and a few other family members.

He said he can do this for 30 days before he will need to shut it down, and that's without any rent being due, or employees to pay.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I've got several restaurants near me with drive-thru facilities, and I'm using all of them. Tonight it was Taco Bell. I regularly get 5 crispy tacos, without cheese, and plus tomatoes. (Yes, one has to pay extra for tomatoes on TB tacos.) I eat them with their Fire Sauce--yumm!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
It's crawfish season down here and I normally eat crawfish 1x or 2x a week during Lent (i.e. peak crawfish season).

3 Saturday's ago (no stay at home order in place), I was jonesing for some crawfish so I did takeout at my favorite locally owned bar & grill (prior to this nonsense, I had already had crawfish there 3x this season). The lady on the phone was nice, articulate and said come and get 'em in 20 minutes. 20 minutes later and they're waiting for me at the "To Go" desk (take-out is NOT new for them). It was delicious and the only thing I would've done different was pay over the phone via credit card to cut my exposure time.

2 Friday's ago (stay at home order in place that made restaurants take-out only), I was in the mood for more crawfish so I called the same bar & grill. The guy on the phone taking orders was not articulate and pretty wishy washy. Eventually, I paid via credit card over the phone and the guy said come in 30 to 35 minutes and they're too busy for curbside (new feature added that week). He wasn't very confidence inspiring so I showed up at the 35 minute mark. 7 or 8 customers inside waiting and it was chaos since the pretty millennial waitresses were looking to the middle-aged wishy washy guy for direction. The cooks lost track of things and let the boil pots run out of water so they had to refill and return to boil before they could even cook my order, and they didn't realize it until I'd been there 5 minutes. I should've said fuck it and walked, but since I had paid in advance my cheapness kicked in. Ended up waiting 30 minutes, and lemmings kept walking in trying to stand next to me (I must've moved locations 10x to keep 6' from people). Besides the staff's incompetence, the other thing I noticed is quite a few people weren't ordering over the phone they were showing up to order in person and wait for entrees, burgers, etc (i.e the exact opposite of the intent).

My neighbors had been telling me about a different bar (5 minutes further away) that has bigger, spicier crawfish for the same money. I ordered on-line (way better than phone), called when I arrived in the parking lot, and had my food in under 60 seconds. Not only was it well executed takeout, but it was also the best crawfish I've had this season (large crawfish, soft shells, and spicy).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got some Thai food yesterday.

Had a hankering for pizza for dinner tonight.

I enjoy supporting local businesses, especially restaurants.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post