SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nature Boy Ric Flair in the hospital....not looking good...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nature Boy Ric Flair in the hospital....not looking good... Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
He was a HUGE part of my childhood and has stayed 'cool' ever since. Have to admit I'll be pretty bummed if this does not end well....

http://www.charlotteobserver.c...rticle167050747.html

Professional wrestling star and Charlottean Ric Flair was admitted to a hospital over the weekend, and a tweet sent out by his management team early Monday seeks prayers for “tough medical issues.”

Media outlets reported 68-year-old Flair was in intensive care, and that the issue was heart related.

“Are u a Fan/Friend of Ric Flair?” asked the Tweet from Melinda Morris Zanoni of Legacy Talent and Entertainment. “If so, we need prayers & positive energy 4 our Living Legend as he is dealing w/some tough medical issues.”

The ominous sounding tweet represented a change in tone from what Zanoni was saying Saturday, when she described the hospital visit as “routine monitoring” and said there was “no reason to panic.”

One of my favorite Flair rants....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
WOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Get well

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Real world champion.

Sorry to hear this, he was very entertaining.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. I saw him and a bunch of other wrestlers at the Tulsa Airport 35 plus years ago. He was decked out in suit, two of his wrestling compadres, clad in gym spandex were in the men's room I entered discussing how to ditch the groupie that met their planeSmile

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
He's lasted a whole lot longer than a good number of wrestlers so he must have been doing something right.

I enjoyed him and I was not disappointed by his WOOOOOO! at the end of the video.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19659 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
He's lasted a whole lot longer than a good number of wrestlers so he must have been doing something right.

I enjoyed him and I was not disappointed by his WOOOOOO! at the end of the video.

the secret is to never stop taking the drugs!

(I'm kidding, of course.)

Flair is #1 in my book. Nobody could do a promo like him. I saw him wrestle Hulk Hogan at Monday Nitro at the old Omni in Atlanta back in '92.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Pro wrestlers and heart disease go together hand in hand. Most never see 68. I wish him well!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. I just saw him at a Super-Con/Comic-Con about 2 weeks ago and he looked amazing. He was talking to fans and fellow wrestlers,he was full of energy.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
https://www.google.com/amp/www...xtremely-serious/amp

According to F4WOnline.com, WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair has undergone surgery, and the situation is being described as “extremely serious.”

The report added Flair was scheduled to undergo surgery sometime this week, but it’s unknown if today’s surgery was the originally planned surgery or a second surgery.

As noted, Flair was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit of an Atlanta, GA hospital over the weekend for issues that could be related to his heart.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, I wish him the best.
I grew up watching Saturday night wrestling on TBS.

Each week, our group would take turns rotating houses.

He was a great entertainer and promoter.

I really despised him when he was with The Four Horsemen ( Arn Anderson, Ole Anderson, and Tully Blanchard.)

But of course I was a die hard fanatical follower of the Legion of Doom.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not a pro wrestling fan but I did love the show he put on. Get well soon Mr Flair.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
Wow, I wish him the best.
I grew up watching Saturday night wrestling on TBS.

Each week, our group would take turns rotating houses.

He was a great entertainer and promoter.
I really despised him when he was with The Four Horsemen ( Arn AInderson, Ole Anderson, and Tully Blanchard.)

But of course I was a die hard fanatical follower of the Legion of Doom.

Best heel of the last 40 something years. Get well soon.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yep, remember him well. I'd think he had some hard miles on his body. All the best for his recovery.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get well soon Ric.

Almost all my childhood wrestling stars of the 80s are dead. The amount of steroids/coke/ etc those guys all took would kill an elephant. Google the list of dead WWF wrestlers. Seriously they are almost all passed on

Posts: 4764 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope the stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' n' dealin' son of a gun pulls through.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
berth said it best

Posts: 65 | Location: Punxsutawney, PA | Registered: January 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
berto. (Spell check)

Posts: 65 | Location: Punxsutawney, PA | Registered: January 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I recall watching him on TV with my Dad on Mid Atlantic Wrestling back in the 70's,

saw him with the new version of the 4 horsemen in the 90's,

I had a spot on the aisle with my buddies, and watched them walk past us on the way to the stage,
we were talking shit, Flair turned around looked me in the eye and flipped me the bird,

made my evening

good times,,

hope he pulls thru!

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
#PrayForTheNatureBoy

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
- Update -

I ain't dead yet, bitches!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ