SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    In the you "can't make things like this up category"...a turtle peed in my ice tea today :-0...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In the you "can't make things like this up category"...a turtle peed in my ice tea today :-0... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
I alluded to this incident in my "range trip" thread in the Rifle Room...let me expound on the event a little...

On the way to shoot with a couple of friends this afternoon, I saw a turtle walking along the edge of the pavement heading out towards the center of the highway. Even though this stretch of highway is rural...it does have quite a bit of traffic at times. So I pulled over, stopped and picked up the turtle before it could have possibly been hit by a car. (I've also done this for snakes in the past...I hate to see anything killed by a car)...

So...after picking up said turtle, I carried it back to the truck. As I was only about 100 feet or so from the driveway to our range, I just chose to carry it by hand with me in the cab rather than to put it in the bed of the truck (it seemed like a good idea at the time) to release it into the wooded area near the clubhouse where it would be safe...

We have a gate with a keypad that you can access from the drivers side window...

I stopped to enter the code...

I swapped the turtle from my left hand to my right to punch in the code...

I entered the code...the gate slowly opened...

The turtle decided to pop out its head and all four legs and flail away while I held it...that made me look at it as I waited for the gate to open...

I guess leg flailing was not enough...so now let's void our bladder as well...into the open top of my Ozark Trail tumbler full of my ice tea...

As well as the console, cellphone, floorboard and my leg...but mostly into my tea...

I had no idea that an 8" turtle could possibly have a bladder that large...it defies anything that one would ever consider natural...

I released it safely...poured out my piss tea...took a wet wipe and cleaned my leg and truck's console...and enjoyed my day's shooting (I did get a little thirsty though)...

That is how a turtle pissed in my tea Razz

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great story. Turtle tinkle. No good deed goes unpunished.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SkyOtter
posted Hide Post
That's gold, right there. Razz

------------------------------------------------------
There are two types of people in this world: Those who need closure,

Posts: 2561 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: June 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Took a shower, right? Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by SkyOtter:
That's gold, right there. Razz

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Some turtles have especially malodorous tinkle. I hope for your sake that the one you rescued wasn't that type.

I am a turtle helper, too.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
How was it?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
How was it?

Kind of a mixture of sardine juice and chicken broth with a hint of Tetley's Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post