SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Jeopardy host being shamed by Cancel Culture Karens over 6 year old tweet
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Jeopardy host being shamed by Cancel Culture Karens over 6 year old tweet Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted
So glad I don’t tweet, Facebook or any of that garbage. Perfect reason why I don’t.

https://pagesix.com/2020/11/25...lo3QyDWfmDOseZ17CIB7

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
If people would put as much effort into positive things as they put into destroying someone, we could really have something.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ken Jennings is catching heat on social media for a past insensitive message, shortly after being named the interim “Jeopardy!” host in the wake of Alex Trebek’s death earlier this month.

On Monday, “Jeopardy!” revealed the former champion would serve as a guest host of the long-running game show. In response to the casting news, many on Twitter called out a 2014 tweet from Jennings that stated: “Nothing sadder than a hot person in a wheelchair.”

As of Wednesday, the post from Jennings, 46, has not been deleted.

Actress Yvette Nicole Brown was among those commenting on Jennings’ casting, tweeting, “Nope,” alongside a “Jeopardy!” story. When pressed why, she told a follower, “Peep his old tweets and get back to me.”

In 2018, Jennings addressed the controversial remark, posting: “I never did a public flogging thing for this but I did apologize personally to angry/hurt people who reached out personally. it was a joke so inept that it meant something very different in my head & I regret the ableist plain reading of it!”

“Jeopardy!” is slated to return to production next Monday with Jennings.

Reps at Sony Pictures Entertainment did not immediately return our request for comment.

So he said something dumb. Like he's the ONLY one who ever did that. . . It wasn't blatantly racist; it wasn't crude; it was just a dumb thing to say (he wasn't even wrong, either).

I don't think Jennings is charismatic enough for that show. Sure, he's smart, but he's sort of boring.

I would MUCH rather see Levar Burton (Geordi on Star Trek) get the job. Now, HE could make the show interesting.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
You live by the Tweet, you die by the Tweet.....

All these celeb's picked up Twatter to increase their marketability, exposure, income, reach to the public and now are finding others looking for things on them to shame them in order to increase their exposure...

Perhaps one day someone will find Yvette Nicole Brown texted, tweeted or messaged something inapprops...

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
First, Ken Jennings is kind of an asshole.

Second, this is the second article from two different sources to feature a whiny quote from Yvette Nicole Brown, whose claim to fame is bit parts in TV shows and the "Mungo Jerry" line from Avengers: Endgame. Why is she being interviewed just for this kind of crap? Why is she important? Who decided to make her an authoritative voice?

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:

As long as he keeps his political views out of it as a host of Jeopardy he can be all the asshole he wants to be. Do. Not. Care.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
“Nothing sadder than a hot person in a wheelchair.”
Really? That's what these morons have their panties in a wad over? I've heard far worse at a eight year old baseball practice. These people are completely worthless.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Buh-bye Ken.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:

Second, this is the second article from two different sources to feature a whiny quote from Yvette Nicole Brown, whose claim to fame is bit parts in TV shows and the "Mungo Jerry" line from Avengers: Endgame. Why is she being interviewed just for this kind of crap? Why is she important? Who decided to make her an authoritative voice?

Don't forget she's also a favorite on "The Walking Dead" companion show "The Talking Dead". She shows up with her embarrassingly comprehensive notebook of observations she makes about TWD and shares her important takes for all to marvel at.

And BTW "a hot PERSON.." ?! Seems uberwoke to me. Roll Eyes

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8329 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Who the hell is Yvette brown and what is her claim to fame? I do think Brad Rutter has more personality and would be a good choice. Lavar burton? No.

At least they haven’t - yet - done something really stupid like pick whoopie Goldberg.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The best the next host can hope to do is to not be as good as Trebek. The next host won't be better or even as good as. The third host will be measured against the second host in that people will say he's no Trebek, but at least he's better than the second guy.

Ken Jennings is cannon fodder.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
“Nothing sadder than a hot person in a wheelchair.”
Really? That's what these morons have their panties in a wad over? I've heard far worse at a eight year old baseball practice. These people are completely worthless.

The tweet doesn't make much sense by itself either. I don't know if the person in the wheelchair is sad or if the situation itself is sad and why would it be sad.

Don't know if the person is hot as in aesthetically beautiful or their ass is perspiring.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perfection is impossible,
Trying is not…
posted Hide Post
I still believe in "Be ye without sin, cast the first stone". Or something like that.

Ray

"Isn't it weird that in AMERICA, our flag & our culture offend so many people - but our benefits do not"

Posts: 516 | Location: OKC | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scot818:
Who the hell is Yvette brown and what is her claim to fame? I do think Brad Rutter has more personality and would be a good choice. Lavar burton? No.

At least they haven’t - yet - done something really stupid like pick whoopie Goldberg.
Well, I've never heard of Ken Jennings before, either. I guess I'm not "woke" enough.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am still mourning the loss of Art Fleminig. I suggested the Dwarf from Game of Thrones. Now maybe I could go for Elmo. He does not say sarcastic things about others and I have heard he is very kind.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by scot818:

Well, I've never heard of Ken Jennings before, either. I guess I'm not "woke" enough.

Ken Jennings is the all-time record Jeopardy winner. Nothing 'woke' about him.

He won the most games AND the most (cumulative) amount of cash. He's been on several Jeopardy specials, Tournaments of Champions, etc.

Then there was James Holzhauer last year that SHATTERED the existing daily cash earning records. He was on 33 episodes (compared to Jennings with 74-75 or so), and his AVERAGE daily winning score was $75,000 per episode, with his highest score at $131,000. The previous one-day record was $77,000).

Jeopardy actually screwed him over by setting him up with really sharp and fast competitors and an easy board, somewhat negating the huge advantage James had in intelligence. Of the 60 questions, I think only 1 went un-answered by anybody. They either did this to prevent him from beating Jenning's total winnings or to prevent him from taking even more money from the show.

I liked James more than Jennings, but James would probably not make a good host. I get the impression he's a socially-awkward introvert and is really nervous and uncomfortable with the attention. Nothing wrong with that - I really like him regardless.

I never saw that comment Jennings made about President Trump (hey, will he admit he was wrong since there have been NO NEW WARS in the last 4 years?). That makes him a royal douchebag in my book.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
It is sad.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

This has served me well. Razz

People who are considering any kind of high profile position really ought to go through their old posts and clean up or delete them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27928 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well Jennings is a Mormon, and like many Mormons, they claim to be a "better person" than Pres Trump, because their Mormonness makes them "better persons, more ethical, more moral" etc. Given this kind of superiority complex they suffer from, they suck up Mitt Romney, who as we all know, is an ungrateful SOB, and back-stabber, who cant be trusted with a 2 dollar bill. Unfortunately, while the people in Utah are good people, many Mormons who live outside the Mormon heartland, tend to believe and behave like the untrustworthy Mitt Romney, and hence the anti Pres Trump tweet by Jennings. BTW, I am saying all of this based on my experience as a Mormon myself.
I am a Mormon who happens to be an Indian immigrant, I have met only one other Mormon who is Indian, my kind are not very common in Mormon circlesSmile

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
It is sad.

That person is definitely "hot!"

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post