SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gun store/ Indoor Range shooting
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun store/ Indoor Range shooting Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
More information here. Innocent bystander waiting to pick up a gun.

LINK; https://www.nola.com/news/crim...f9-b7ce794b2ec1.html

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
More information here. Innocent bystander waiting to pick up a gun.

LINK; https://www.nola.com/news/crim...f9-b7ce794b2ec1.html
So is it Jamal or Joshua?

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nevermind

Posts: 258 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: February 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Jamal/Joshua would have complied with the rules of the business, everyone would be alive today.

Idiot.

P229

Posts: 3809 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I keep seeing it reported that the guy who started this "fired a warning shot". Say what? Was he warning everybody that the rules didn't apply to him? Was he warning everybody that he was about to start a shootout? Who was he warning, and what was he warning them about?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15696 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And if everyone was supposed to have unloaded guns when they came in the door, it looks like everyone loaded up damn quick when the first shot was fired!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
And if everyone was supposed to have unloaded guns when they came in the door, it looks like everyone loaded up damn quick when the first shot was fired!

I don't know about that store/range, but the ones around here don't require you to unload holstered firearms.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

I don't know about that store/range, but the ones around here don't require you to unload holstered firearms.
That is the rule at the one I go to--holstered guns can be loaded, but guns in hand must be unloaded except when in a booth on the range.

I still haven't seen any identification of the "bystanders" who shot Jamal--for all we know they may have been off-duty cops. I am also wondering who shot the lady who died at the door, and the 2 who were just wounded.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't exclude suicide as a motivator.

Maybe read too much into it. There was no mention of the pistol being holstered.

My impression was the pistol was in his hand not a holster.

quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
If this is in the wrong spot and needs to be moved or whatever feel free to do so. ...................................... this afternoon Saturday 20th Feb around 315pm?? in a gun store/ indoor shooting range shooting broke out between multible people with at least 2 dead and 2 or 3 taken to hospital. Jefferson Gun Outlet in Metairie, Louisiana (subburb/ outskirts area of New Orleans, Louisiana). Details sketchy at this time with LEO"s not talking. Prayers to all families involved except the inital shooter. ........................... drill sgt.

Posts: 95 | Location: Spokane Washington | Registered: June 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Anyone care to wager on whether that "extended clip" was in actuality a standard magazine, or heck even a revolver?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is my LGS. Employees generally open carry and conceal carry holders are not required to unload their weapons.

Posts: 868 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Good info! Thanks!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 868 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From what I could see the gun was a semiauto with extended magazine.

Contrary to what Jamal's brother said, Nobody just snaps. He had issues, suicide does not appear to be one of the motives.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
The suspect's mannerisms/movement appear unusual IMHO. I does also appear that he was using an extended magazine.

From the linked article (bolding added):

"The employees did not come to work looking for a fight that day," Lopinto said. "They acted calm, collected and protected a lot of innocent lives that day."

And you can expect absolutely zero praise or support from the left for those folks.

Also a good case study on why you don't want to have 'good guys' being disadvantaged with reduced capacity magazines. Criminals are going to give theirs up.

$.02 worth,
Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Additional Information. Press Conference with the Sheriff
https://www.fox8live.com/2021/...-range-sheriff-says/

posted Hide Post
JPSO has released security camera footage this evening

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Seems to agree that his name was Joshua.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
If he didn’t start it, why would anyone else have started it?

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The employee that was killed, he was hunkered down behind the counter after female customer was killed. Then the shooter walked out the front door slightly. Shooter then came back in, walked around the counter, and shot employee in the back.

I try to learn from each of these situation, in this case the employee should have had his head on a swivel and ready to fire, even if he was on his back. RIP employee, a life cut too short.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post