SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gun store/ Indoor Range shooting
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun store/ Indoor Range shooting Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:

I try to learn from each of these situation, in this case the employee should have had his head on a swivel and ready to fire, even if he was on his back. RIP employee, a life cut too short.

agree

very tragic situation

----------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Where’s momma now? She was screaming her innocent baby was murdered earlier. No momma, your baby is a murdering thug.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The video is hard to believe. Like the Sheriff said, it makes no sense at all!

Carrying the extended mag was no doubt going to cause an interaction. Why the insane over-reaction? Why murder two people, one of which he clearly saw was just an older lady, not a threat to end his madness?

Maybe the media and politicians who push the injustice line/story all 2020 should look at what their lies have wrought.

Fat chance, I know.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Extended magazines and drum magazines for carry are the current rage for urban youth. The LGS has become the new status symbol for gangster wannabes.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Extended magazines and drum magazines for carry are the current rage for urban youth. The LGS has become the new status symbol for gangster wannabes.

Wow- are you saying going into a LGS is street cred? After this incident I know I’ll be even more vigilant at the LGS.

I wanted to comment on the new IL law thread and don’t want to drift this one other than I sincerely don’t know how great people like you and others commit to LE. Low pay, large liability, and little thanks seems rough to me and I’m a Marine...

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Underdog:
quote:

Wow- are you saying going into a LGS is street cred? After this incident I know I’ll be even more vigilant at the LGS.

I wanted to comment on the new IL law thread and don’t want to drift this one other than I sincerely don’t know how great people like you and others commit to LE. Low pay, large liability, and little thanks seems rough to me and I’m a Marine...

Thank you. Semper fi, Parris Island class of ‘87.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Same here.

For the.. fine, up-standing urban youths in and around Savannah, the correct term for a magazine with extended capacity is: 'extendo'. Roll Eyes

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
quote:

Same here.

For the.. fine, up-standing urban youths in and around Savannah, the correct term for a magazine with extended capacity is: 'extendo'. Roll Eyes

Where I live it's called the "extendo clip" and a laser is a "beam" Roll Eyes

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
quote:

Same here.

Where I live it's called the "extendo clip" and a laser is a "beam" Roll Eyes

Oh yeah! Gotz ta have dat beam, yo!

If you got a draco, extendo and a beam, you da shit, yo! Roll Eyes

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
This incident resembled a typical active killer event in some ways, and I wonder if that’s what was intended by the murderer.

The nontypical elements were the killer’s not choosing a venue with a large number of potential victims, and most active killers don’t walk into places with a lot of armed defenders.

On the other hand, walking into the store with an extended magazine loaded in the gun and nothing else in hand such as a range bag was hardly typical of someone whose original intent was to get some range practice, so what did he have in mind? His firing a initial shot into the ceiling might have been a way of “warming” himself up, or confirming that the gun was loaded and functional.

If I were investigating the case, I’d be asking what previous interactions the store had had with the killer. Had he been admonished about having a loaded gun when walking in before? Had he been reprimanded or even ejected for safety violations? Had anything ever happened that he could have interpreted as racial discrimination?

Most active killer events involve significant advance planning and preparation by the murder and are usually motivated by some perceived grievance. Based on what little we know and a bit of speculation, this could fit.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Where’s momma now? She was screaming her innocent baby was murdered earlier. No momma, your baby is a murdering thug.

She raised the sociopath?

Then she owes compensation to the victims, their families, the range business, the local police and emergency health care folks, and local and state government and the taxpayers who fund them.

$5,000,000. to start. Name #BLM in the civil suit, too. Oh, and Reverend Al.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
A few times I have been at our local range and someone has gotten upset when told a)Show ID to shoot b)background check required for purchase of firearm. In the last one, the scumbag (he was) got very irate and I moved to the back of the store to watch/get out of the way.

I get nervous here for the same reasons I get nervous in a gun free zone or when I am not armed...Our LGS does not allow loaded firearms including holstered CCW. I respect this but do put a small pocket pistol in my pocket - just not comfortable having nothing.

Was talking with the range officer and the number of crazy, ignorant or just newbies has skyrocketed. He was not happy but wondered if the ammo crunch wouldn’t eventually slow down the number coming in.

Prayers and sympathies for victims and families, tough spot for all. Hope the murderer is burning in he**.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
So sad. Prayers for the innocence.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Underdog:
The video is hard to believe. Like the Sheriff said, it makes no sense at all!

Carrying the extended mag was no doubt going to cause an interaction. Why the insane over-reaction? Why murder two people, one of which he clearly saw was just an older lady, not a threat to end his madness?

Maybe the media and politicians who push the injustice line/story all 2020 should look at what their lies have wrought.

I'd bet good money that this guy 'felt disrespected' and his auto reaction was to get demonstrative and stupid. White guy tells black guy what to do, ain't standing for that!

Leading cause of death amongst thug/street kids is because they felt 'disrespected' or, perceived insults. Not saying this guy is a thug/street hood but, the attitude is pervasive and is emulated amongst a lot of young people.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Considering the reaction of the mother, I'd feel pretty safe in thinking he was a thug/street hood. An extended magazine would be an indicator for me, too--"normal" gun people don't even have those (they tend to be unreliable).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
You know that “respect” thing goes two ways...

Lots of folks are so quick to react when they are “dissed” yet at the same time offer zero respect for others.

Just more of the over abundance of narcissism in many folks these days.

Couple observations from the videos...

I assume the blonde female entering the frame from lower right before it stops is the one that was killed by shooter. Just before she heads towards him, another male leaves in the direction she comes from. At that point, thug has already showed his hand. Why oh why would she move towards the threat instead of retreat?

In the shot of thug moving through hallway, as he comes through the doorway I noticed in addition to the sagging pants, what looks like some obvious man-boobs, even in a somewhat loose sweatshirt. Pure assumption, but Gynecomastia (man-boobs) is a common result of excessive marijuana use. I am real curious to see what is released about the thugs prior criminal history.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 911Boss,

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
I am real curious to see what is released about the thugs prior criminal history.
Do you really expect much of that to go public? The MSM won't publish anything detrimental.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gynecomastia (man-boobs) is a common result of excessive marijuana use.

^^^^^^^^^^
As well as certain antipsychotic drugs,ie Risperdal.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
When Mrs. Flash and I go shooting at an indoor range every week, we do 2 things:

1. We shoot with at least 2 other friends

2. When she shoots, I watch the other shooters and when I shoot, she watches the other shooters.

Eternal vigilance.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
jljones nailed it. As always. Wink

When I was working in the local Godforsaken gunshop, on the edge of the hood, we stopped carrying the Glock extended mags. As well as AK47s, Dracos and Glock fo-tays. Because of the miscreants those items brought into the shop. I had my gun out more in that shop, than I did in 20 years on the street.

At the local range I work at, Saturday afternoon is gangsta wannabee central. And all of them have their drum magazines and extended mags hanging out of their Glocks. Thankfully, the vast majority of them can barely hit the paper. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post