SIGforum
Gun store/ Indoor Range shooting

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/3800058974

February 20, 2021, 10:42 PM
drill sgt
Gun store/ Indoor Range shooting
If this is in the wrong spot and needs to be moved or whatever feel free to do so. ...................................... this afternoon Saturday 20th Feb around 315pm?? in a gun store/ indoor shooting range shooting broke out between multible people with at least 2 dead and 2 or 3 taken to hospital. Jefferson Gun Outlet in Metairie, Louisiana (subburb/ outskirts area of New Orleans, Louisiana). Details sketchy at this time with LEO"s not talking. Prayers to all families involved except the inital shooter. ........................... drill sgt.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: drill sgt,
February 21, 2021, 07:08 AM
Mars_Attacks
https://www.wdsu.com/article/w...frozen-pond/35576361

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
February 21, 2021, 08:10 AM
Sigmund
The link has 16 photos from the scene.

https://www.nola.com/news/crim...3c-bf26a7b81a52.html

New Orleans man, 27, started Jefferson Gun Outlet shootout that left him and 2 others dead
Store employee among the slain, leaves behind wife and children

BY RAMON ANTONIO VARGAS | STAFF WRITER PUBLISHED FEB 21, 2021 AT 7:03 AM | UPDATED FEB 21, 2021 AT 8:01 AM

A 27-year-old New Orleans man sparked the gun battle that left him and two others dead inside of Jefferson Gun Outlet in Metairie on Saturday afternoon, according to law enforcement sources.

The sources said Joshua Jamal Williams carried a pistol with an extended clip into the gun store and indoor shooting range at 6719 Airline Drive about 3 p.m. Saturday when staff told him to unload his weapon. Rules prohibit people from having loaded guns out while away from the range.

Williams subsequently fired a warning round before fatally shooting a store clerk, 47-year-old Noah Fischbach, who was married and was a father, one of the sources said. Several armed people at Jefferson Gun Outlet then began exchanging gunfire with Williams.

Williams and a woman were both hit and mortally wounded during the melee. He died after running out to the parking lot, and the woman died near the store’s glass front door, which was shattered. Two other people were wounded and brought to the hospital, and their injuries were not thought to be life-threatening, the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office has said.

A relative of Williams on Saturday wondered what might have provoked the first shots to be fired. The relative doubted Williams, who had gone to the store for target practice while spending time with his brother and some children, would have shown up spoiling for a gun fight at a place known to be a hangout spot for off-duty law enforcement officers and ex-military personnel.

“That would be a death sentence,” said the relative, who declined to give his name.

A social media profile under Fischbach's name describes him as a special effects technician and armorer — or someone who handles weapons — for film and television productions. Besides Metairie and New Orleans, he had lived in Portland, Oregon.

Photos on social media show him with his wife and children. Other information on social media shows Fischbach and his wife had their 14th wedding anniversary less than two weeks before his slaying.
February 21, 2021, 08:24 AM
Haveme1or2
I'll bet one of the ppl there escalated ....
February 21, 2021, 10:40 AM
sigspecops
I'm glad they pointed out that he had an extended "clip", that really is the most important detail in the story.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain
February 21, 2021, 10:48 AM
V-Tail
The article describes an armorer as somebody who handles weapons.

I guess that means that many (most?) of us here on SIGforum are armorers.

Who knew?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
February 21, 2021, 10:57 AM
YooperSigs
This is my kids LGS. Eek

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
February 21, 2021, 11:00 AM
radioman
I'm guessing there will be lots of security footage to look through to try to figure out what happened.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!
February 21, 2021, 11:09 AM
jljones
I’m going to spitball here and go ahead and make the prediction that it will come out that Mr. Williams has one or more prohibitors.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

February 21, 2021, 11:12 AM
Lord Vaalic
Everything would have been cool if he hadn't had that extended clip.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
February 21, 2021, 11:14 AM
YooperSigs
And NOLA news media has quoted someone IDed as Williams mother has begun the usual "he was murdered" and "he din do nuffin" narrative.
As required in these events. Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
February 21, 2021, 11:32 AM
pedropcola
What is a prohibitor? I’ve already had my coffee but I’m drawing a blank on this term.

No mention of whether the lady who was killed was just an innocent bystander or linked in some way to crazy guy.

Extended clip. Fml
February 21, 2021, 11:42 AM
snwghst
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
And NOLA news media has quoted someone IDed as Williams mother has begun the usual "he was murdered" and "he din do nuffin" narrative.
As required in these events. Roll Eyes

Saw that

My baby is a good boy. He a good father... nonsense

As she falls to the ground hysterical and they show his about to burst pregnant GF

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever
February 21, 2021, 11:49 AM
MikeinNC
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
What is a prohibitor? I’ve already had my coffee but I’m drawing a blank on this term.

Something that would prohibit you from buying or owning a firearm....check those questions on the 4473....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker
February 21, 2021, 12:17 PM
ruger357
Jamal.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
February 21, 2021, 01:49 PM
flashguy
Would be interesting to know who ventilated him--staff or patrons. His mom is saying he didn't start it--how would she know? She wasn't there. Hope the place has good video coverage.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
February 21, 2021, 02:08 PM
Boss1
First, condolences to the victims.

So basically (at least thus far, it appears), good guy(s)/gal(s) with gun(s) stopped a 'bad guy' with a gun?

You know that's something the anti's are probably wrangling with. Perhaps there's another Mr. Willeford-type or Mr. Wilson-type fellow involved. If so, this may get 'dropped' pretty quickly.

This is also why well-run gun shops seldom have violent crime occur on their property...it tends to not end well for the perpetrator. Kinda like, ya know, a deterrent.

$.02 worth,
Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.
February 21, 2021, 02:11 PM
ZSMICHAEL
quote:
Hope the place has good video coverage.

^^^^^^^^^^
I would be shocked if they did not. Best insurance there is. Generally a requirement by insurer.
February 21, 2021, 02:29 PM
Sig209
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
I'm guessing there will be lots of security footage to look through to try to figure out what happened.

yep

too much wild speculation until then

-------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
February 21, 2021, 03:57 PM
RoboV
I didn't find out about this until a little while ago while visiting my mother and older brother. They live just a couple of miles away.

This is the range I go to. I've bought a few guns from them over several years and have been going in there about once a month checking on ammo availability.

My condolences to the victims and their families.

Since all the gun panic started There are so many more people going to the local gun stores, this one included, I've been a bit reluctant to go in myself sometimes given some of the clientele I've observed.

"Lion Heart is all heart, Smarty Jones is all out!!!"