SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Inside the Decade-Long Russian Campaign to Infiltrate the NRA and Help Elect Trump
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inside the Decade-Long Russian Campaign to Infiltrate the NRA and Help Elect Trump Login/Join 
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted
I'm trying to determine if Rolling Stone is being serious, or just trolling... Roll Eyes

Inside the Decade-Long Russian Campaign to Infiltrate the NRA and Help Elect Trump
https://www.rollingstone.com/p...-elect-trump-w518587

quote:
As part of Putin's "active measures," Hall says, Russia has attempted to influence right-wing and populist factions abroad, preaching unity around social conservatism: "'We're both religious-based countries – we have the Orthodox Church that's a big deal for us.' " The Russians, Hall believes, "made a natural transition in the United States to the NRA"; over time Putin became determined to exploit the American gun lobby "and decided Mr. Torshin is going to be the guy to do it for him."

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
LOL...Talk about desperate!

Right comrades?? Big Grin Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rolling Stone always has had an agenda. Russia is capable of most anything. Putin just likes to present himself as more cultured and refined than Joe Stalin. The first question of every Russian leader is what is in it for Russia?

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
That's pretty implausible, to say the least.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I need to buy more shares in ALCOA as a hedge against the increase in the price of tin foil.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I stopped at Rolling Stone.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
But of course, comrade!
Heston is short for Hestonov. Why do you think he was a 5-term NRA President? Roll Eyes

Just more of the never-ending left-wing propaganda to try to discredit gun owners, the NRA and conservatives.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ridiculous. While I don't discount any Russian involvement in the election, the idea that they were in favor of one candidate over the other, shows the authors poor understanding of subversion. Rolling Stone is desperately trying to connect the dots...any dots, where there's individuals and organizations that are inherently conservative, who've had any dealings with Russia in the past.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Confused Does anyone actually read Rolling Stone anymore?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Suddenly Russia is a real concern, a threat to us and our way of life, but when Romney said so he was just some old dinosaur channeling the 1980s.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, yes, this dovetails beautifully with Adam Schifferbrains' bold statement / assertion not too long ago (2/5/18) that -

“Apparently the Russians are very big fans of our Second Amendment. They don’t particularly want a Second Amendment of their own, but they’re really glad that we have one. The Russians would be thrilled if we were doing nothing but killing each other every day, and sadly we are.”

Adam Schiff: Russians Promoted 2nd Amendment so Americans Would ‘Kill Each Other’

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
really?

if the Russians wanted Donald to win, why did they give Clinton so much money?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha,

Reminds me of the point in a movie with a lot of twists and turns where the bad guy (who previously had the good guys all fooled) says something that sounds plausible to him, but the good guys know is absurd and it gives them away.

Infiltrate the NRA Roll Eyes

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I stopped at Rolling Stone.

Exactly

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anyone actually read Rolling Stone anymore?

the last issue ever in my hands was about 1985 or so.....about the same time SNL lost touch with my own sense of humor.......

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
So stupid and phantastic that only unreasoning hatred can make it believable.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t be surprised to find the pesky Ruskeys infiltrating the Boy Scouts either.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Guys, I think its an April Fool's spoof article.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Rolling Stone always has had an agenda. Russia is capable of most anything. Putin just likes to present himself as more cultured and refined than Joe Stalin. The first question of every Russian leader is what is in it for Russia?
It isn't difficult to be more cultured and refined than Joe Stalin, IMHO.

quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Confused Does anyone actually read Rolling Stone anymore?
Well, I, for one, never did.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Given the recent anti-NRA movement, I bet plenty of people will believe this trash

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post