SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Piers Morgan Oldie Failure (2012)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piers Morgan Oldie Failure (2012) Login/Join 
posted
I don't follow Twitter but occasionally get notes from people who do. This one came to me and I thought I'd pass along this epic Piers Morgan failure.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Come on, man. That's from 2012. I don't think Piers has such a hard on over attacking the 2nd amendment like he used. He still despises it, but I think he's learned his lesson long ago.

I'll say though, that was an excellent set up and retort.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry about posting such an old piece. As I said, I'm not "Twitter" savvy so it was new to me; I guess I should learn to read stuff more thoroughly as I didn't notice that it was dated.

It is funny though...

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Marine:

It is funny though...

I'll admit, I did get a kick out of it. Thanks for that in any case

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I never bought this argument even if the premise is true. Are today's man-portable weapons really so form-function different from the musketry of that time? I bet if you could bring Thomas Jefferson and his fellow co-signers forward in time and show them an M4, they'd still know basically what it is. Yes, they'd be startled by the high cyclic rate and the detachable box magazines, but they'd still know it's a shooting iron, and not a sewing machine.

Weapons of mass destruction, an issue often used alongside this argument, is a different story. Show them a nuclear bomb, and they probably wouldn't have a clue what it is or how it's deployed (dropped from a what?), much less its destructive power. They could hardly be faulted for not foreseeing such a thing.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
If I chanced upon Mr Morgan lying face-down in a pile of hyena shit, I'd stamp on the back of his head.

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
If I chanced upon Mr Morgan lying face-down in a pile of hyena shit, I'd stamp on the back of his head.

I’ll leave this here for you again Tac; you seemed to enjoy immensely the last time Big Grin

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RCgAqNSAD1U

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15575 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Piers has changed his tune on a number of things since departing CNN.
He even makes some sense on several subjects nowadays, even going so far as to be critical on some of the leftist agenda.

Posts: 9506 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post