SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 297
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Erdinger Oktoberfest

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Booker's 2015-03 release. A hot 127.2 proof.

Posts: 1214 | Registered: May 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
maisel weisse dunkel

Very good, but not Weihenstephaner good.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
After this week; not enough!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Hey Canada, I was in London, ONT way back in 2002 or so. At the GM Defense plant (think GDLS bought them) looking at the LAV line. I used to drink Rickerts Red? at the bar near my hotel. I loved it. But I hated the two dollar coins. After a week my pockets were so dam heavy...

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Hey Canada, I was in London, ONT way back in 2002 or so. At the GM Defense plant (think GDLS bought them) looking at the LAV line. I used to drink Rickerts Red? at the bar near my hotel. I loved it. But I hated the two dollar coins. After a week my pockets were so dam heavy...
Rickard's makes some boringly mediocre beer with the exceptions being their:
  • Red. It's good not great.
  • Lederhosen. Most God-awful Oktoberfest beer that I've ever drank. I'm ONLY using the last five (of a 6 pack purchased in October) for cooking, and only have one left.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Dividing by zero
    since 1966
    Picture of rekstrom
    posted Hide Post
    Elijah Craig, but I don't like it. Haven't liked Maker's Mark either. Any suggestions for another drink to try? I've mainly been a "good beer/ cheap wine" guy, but trying to branch out.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Telecom Ronin
    Picture of dewhorse
    posted Hide Post
    Started with a nice Italian sparkling wine...moved to a rich cider evidently call Suicide and now am sipping a Konig Pilsner.

Went high brow this evening Cool

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Glorious SPAM!
    Picture of mbinky
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by tatortodd:
    quote:
    Originally posted by mbinky:
    Rickard's makes some boringly mediocre beer with the exceptions being their:
  • Red. It's good not great.
  • Lederhosen. Most God-awful Oktoberfest beer that I've ever drank. I'm ONLY using the last five (of a 6 pack purchased in October) for cooking, and only have one left.

• LOL goes to show you give a homegrown Yankee a different taste and he is all about it Smile. I did like the Red, even had a few guys bring me back a sixer. Enjoy the snow for me it's almost 80 in NC!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of mttaylor1066
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by rekstrom:
    Elijah Craig, but I don't like it. Haven't liked Maker's Mark either. Any suggestions for another drink to try? I've mainly been a "good beer/ cheap wine" guy, but trying to branch out.

Perhaps you should try a bottle of Blanton's if you're looking for a good whisky to test your palate's preferences.

I have had Maker's Mark on many occasions. Like you, I don't understand the attraction and enthusiasm for Maker's. I thought it was the wheat in the mashbill.. but from what I gather, Elijah Craig is not a "wheater."

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1589 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of blueshep
    posted Hide Post
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by rekstrom:
    Elijah Craig, but I don't like it. Haven't liked Maker's Mark either. Any suggestions for another drink to try? I've mainly been a "good beer/ cheap wine" guy, but trying to branch out!

Try some Buffalo Trace, around $25.00 a bottle.
    Has a great taste for not a lot of money...

----------------------------------------
    NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    My hypocrisy goes only so far
    Picture of GrumpyBiker
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

Basil Hayden , it's only 80proof but it's an easy drinking higher quality Bourbon.

I prefer Bookers, Bakers & Knob Creek but Woodford Reserve , Makers Mark & 1792 Reserve are my favorite daily drinks given their price.

U.S.M.C.
    VFW-8054
    III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Wild Turkey 101 and Wild Turkey Rare Breed are some of the best out there, IMO.

Which of the Booker's Do you like, Grumpy Biker? I have some 2015-03, 2015-04, 2015-06 and 2016-01.

I have opened the 03 and 04 and prefer the 03. I haven't tried the other two. The 03 seems to go away quickly.

Posts: 1214 | Registered: May 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of billnchristy
    posted Hide Post
    Viking Blod mead.

------------------------------------
    My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
    email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    My hypocrisy goes only so far
    Picture of GrumpyBiker
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Iron bottom:
    Wild Turkey 101 and Wild Turkey Rare Breed are some of the best out there, IMO.

Which of the Booker's Do you like, Grumpy Biker? I have some 2015-03, 2015-04, 2015-06 and 2016-01.

I have opened the 03 and 04 and prefer the 03. I haven't tried the other two. The 03 seems to go away quickly.

The batch matters not at all to me.
    It never lasts long once opened.
    I have a few friends who tend to "help" with that when they're over visiting.

U.S.M.C.
    VFW-8054
    III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    In Odin we trust
    Picture of akcopnfbks
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by mttaylor1066:
    quote:

Perhaps you should try a bottle of Blanton's if you're looking for a good whisky to test your palate's preferences.

I have had Maker's Mark on many occasions. Like you, I don't understand the attraction and enthusiasm for Maker's. I thought it was the wheat in the mashbill.. but from what I gather, Elijah Craig is not a "wheater."

Another anti-Maker's guy here. It's good for mixing, but pretty bland/flavorless for straight-up or neat (imho). Didn't like Maker's 46 much either. I don't get the attraction people have. But that's what makes whiskey in general so much fun.

I'll second the suggestion you try Blanton's. It and Woodford Reserve Double Oaked are my personal favorite bourbons. Someone mentioned Buffalo Trace, which is a pretty good value, similar to Bulleit in taste I think.

You could step up/sideways into the world of single malt Scotch whisky. Good starting point there would be a Highland or Speyside. Glenfiddich is making a 14-year old bourbon barrel finish that is damn tasty.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than omnipotent moral busybodies" ~ C.S. Lewis

Posts: 1718 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Eamonn Wright
    posted Hide Post
    Sipping Four Roses Single Barrel. Not too bad.

"The government is best which governs least."- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6562 | Location: Massachusetts, USA | Registered: December 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    stupid beyond
    all belief
    Picture of Deqlyn
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by GA Gator:
    Founders Curmudgeon Ale.

What did you think? I didnt much care for it. Was trying it as a backup to ellies when i couldnt find it or cabin fever.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Cigar Nerd
    Picture of Jaywendland1981
    posted Hide Post

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Little ray
    of sunshine
    Picture of jhe888
    posted Hide Post
    Beefeater martini.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post