SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 297
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
I know what I like
I like what I know
Picture of Mark in Michigan
posted Hide Post
Polished off the last swallow in my bottle of Basil Hayden's ...

Then I started in on the Elijah Craig Smile

Best regards,
Mark in Michigan

Posts: 499 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Today I cleaned the apartment like a gnome on a mission.

La Chouffe Golden Ale.

www.achouffe.be

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My usual summer cocktail - Beefeater martini.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
My Oktoberfest stockpile is growing nicely. I've stored four full cases of my favorites, along with lesser quantities of a smattering of several other types for variety.

Der Bierkühlschrank:

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Margaritas with cedar plank grilled salmon.

Espolon reposado tequila, Cointreau, fresh squeezed lime, and a squirt of agave syrup. Bastante bueno

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Rogue, SN did a collaboration with Brauhaus Riegele. Can you get one of those?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Rogue, SN did a collaboration with Brauhaus Riegele. Can you get one of those?

Each year, Sierra Nevada partners with a German brewery to produce a different one-off Oktoberfest variation.

Brauhaus Riegele was last year's partner (2015). That's no longer produced. This year, they've partnered with Mahrs Brau. Next year, it will be someone different.

I have some of the current 2016 SN Oktoberfests. (Middle of the top row in the above photo.) It's a decent domestic Oktoberfest, though not as good as Mother's or Sam Adams, or many of the imports.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Boulevard "Bob's '47" Oktoberfest.

This has been offered by Boulevard for several years, but it's the first time I've seen it in my area, so I grabbed a 6 pack to try.

It's a terrible Marzen. It's bland, over carbonated, and has a very bitter/skunky aftertaste (not in the normal hops way - its IBU is only 27). Quite possibly the worst Octoberfest I've had. Very disappointing.

posted Hide Post
Deep Eddy Ruby Red with lime!

Posts: 868 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

This has been offered by Boulevard for several years, but it's the first time I've seen it in my area, so I grabbed a 6 pack to try.

It's a terrible Marzen. It's bland, over carbonated, and has a very bitter/skunky aftertaste (not in the normal hops way - its IBU is only 27). Quite possibly the worst Octoberfest I've had. Very disappointing.

Theyve got a very good chocolate something or other i hear. Most of the locals like thier wheat though.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Started with a 3 Sheeps First Kiss, filled the gap with HP Weisse, heading for a Lagunitas 12th of Never right now.

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wyoming Whiskey... neat

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1210 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Most of the locals like thier wheat though.

Yes, Boulevard's Unfiltered Wheat is the best beer they make, and it's one of the best domestic wheat beers overall. Not as good as a real German Hefeweizen, but it's widely available on tap around here, so I drink it fairly often during the summer while out at various bars and restaurants. It's a good hot weather beer.

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Left Hand Brewing Marzen, and a glass of Lagavulin 8.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Theyve got a very good chocolate something or other i hear. Most of the locals like thier wheat though.

Their Tank 7 is really good!
I've not had the one you just tried but today I picked up their Funky Pumpkin Spice Sour...
We'll see.
I've had their Imperial Stout (it's okay) but I now keep their Tank 7 on hand !

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
How did you get the cork back in. Mine always blow up like like a champagne cork.

I'm having Elijah Craig Barrel proof release (7) 128 proof

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I buy two bottles.
The unopened one goes in the photo ! Wink

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
More Negra Modelo.....

Posts: 1562 | Location: Chester County, PA | Registered: February 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
O'Fallon Vanilla Pumpkin Beer

Cant get off it.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post