SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 297
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It's Derby time, I'm enjoying a little bit of the Old Forester Mint Julep.

As a per-mix goes, it's pretty good. 60 proof, smooth.

Derby on!....

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig operator:
RIC.45, I will be joining you tonight with the Monkey Shoulder scotch. Good stuff especially at its price point.
Cheers.

Yes, Monkey Shoulder is very good, especially for the price point.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

...To wind down after a long afternoon at the Chevy dealership. Just bought my wife a 2016 Tahoe. She's happy, so I'm celebrating with a $6 beer.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Picked up some Weller 12 for $33. Popped it open last night and I think I’m going to be good friends with this bourbon. Better get my name back on the list at the local liquor store as this bottle won’t last long.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Weller 12 is hard to come by. Took me several years to acquire my supply. Antique 107 is a fair replacement, and some prefer it.

Booker's for me this evening.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10350 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't get any Wellers Bourbon here in So. Az.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
O'Doul's Amber like always. Bad kidneys keeps me from anything with more alcohol.

Since my favorite beers are Guinnes style stouts, does anyone know of anything really really dark and thick that is non-alcoholic or very low alcohol?

Also, I never was into alcohol, but I just loved the taste of beer. Just now, I'm unbelievably limited on what I can drink.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1160 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Club soda.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Ftttu, if I was in your situation I think I’d give home brewing a try .
Keep the ABV level low and go for the flavors you love.
The micro / home brewing community I’m sure would be eager to help out .

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Old Grand Dad BiB. I really want some dang McKenna BiB. Or James Pepper rye.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
I really want some dang McKenna BiB.

Google it.....I found some at a liquor store in Ca. and the price was very fair. They sent me two(2) 750 cc bottles. All in all, I was o.k. on the price, as I can not find any in So. Az.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grabbed a plain ol Knob Creek to sample while I sort through two cans of “mixed 30-06” I lucked into today. So far, I approve... this seems a very nice $35!

Bill R

Posts: 1117 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Two Wheel Brewing Race Pointe IPA, TWB Chronic, and Weller SR. I lucked out and bought two bottles of McKenna BiB. Those are cached for cooler evenings.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yuengling. And a lot of it.

Funeral today for a really good man struck down by leukemia, a little over 15 yrs after breast cancer took his wife (my mom’s first cousin, whatever that makes me).

Their two kids, both doctors, are devastated at the loss of their second parent and their helplessness to do anything to stop the cancers.

F*@k cancer.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leeann:
Yuengling. And a lot of it.

Funeral today for a really good man struck down by leukemia, a little over 15 yrs after breast cancer took his wife (my mom’s first cousin, whatever that makes me).

Their two kids, both doctors, are devastated at the loss of their second parent and their helplessness to do anything to stop the cancers.

F*@k cancer.

First... sorry for the loss you've experienced! I lost my brother to cancer just over a year ago and I completely agree.... F*@k cancer!!!

Secondly, Yuengling Traditional Lager is by far my favorite brew! I just finished off my stash of it yesterday and need to get some more.

Thirdly, I'll repeat in agreement with you... F*@k cancer!!! Cancer sucks more than my vocabulary will allow me to express!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4551 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun Zeke:
Evan Williams

Atta boy, Leroy, hahaha

Posts: 403 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I can't get any Wellers Bourbon here in So. Az.

In the vernacular, donde' esta in S. Az.?

Posts: 403 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pabst Blue Ribbon beer, Ithaca mfd. M1911A1 circa 1943 for protection. Only two, to stay within the limit.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Elijah Craig barrel proof A119

Really tasty.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
Old Forester Single Barrel tonight.

Posts: 739 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post