SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 297
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
Bullit bourbon...

To quote a friend of mine when he introduced me to this:

"An everyday bourbon for the reasonably affluent."

On another note, I see two references on this page alone to a dram of liquor. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that like an eighth of an ounce or so? How do you even pour that little???

I believe the technically correct answer is that a dram is.... whatever amount you want it to be. Kidding. You are correct using the US system, but the connotation of “dram” is like saying “a pour” which really has no specific amount. Think of it as colloquial rather than scientific language.

If I pour you a dram, it’s going to be about 2oz. Less if you waste the first drink.

On topic of liquor-I finally procured a bottle of midminter nights dram, which I’ve been wanting to try for a while. It was well over MSRP, hope I like it!

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
will be downing a bottle of dewars 12 yr old with friends at a cookout today...

Posts: 29 | Registered: March 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Hmmm, interesting drinking glasses. Embedded bullets...

https://luckyshotusa.com

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Moscow mule. Nice and refreshing.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
some Captain Morgan mixed with Captain Morgan

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
Captains Daughter IPA

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
I'm having the 4 Roses.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now

Is pretty good. Nice clean finish.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spencer Monk's Reserve Ale.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
 I discovered some new liquors.. Sugar Tit 100 moonshine, a splash of Bellini vermouth, dash of fee brothers plum bitters, Bing cocktail cherries instead of marrachino.  Best Manhattan I've ever had.

Posts: 231 | Location: Reidville, SC | Registered: October 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Tin Cup this evening.

It ain't bad.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Just poured an Eagle Rare before siting down to check the forum and see this thread. Big Grin

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
EH Taylor single barrel. Lovely.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Saturday my wife makes her homemade pizza. We’re having a nice Spanish Tempranillo, Marques De Caceres Reserve 2009

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
Jim Beam Black extra aged stocking stuffer. Anyone try a fave on ice in a Yeti 10oz low ball cup?
The ice barely melts.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tastephens66
posted Hide Post
Old Fashion made with Bulletin Bourbon. One of my favorites

Sig P229R 9mm
Sig P938 Blackwood
Sig M400 Tread Pistol

Posts: 15 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Gonna kill the sample size Wild Turkey 101. Think it will be on the rocks this evening.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Old Forester 1920 Prohibition Style, Weller 12, and Elijah Craig 18.

Big Night.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10350 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post