SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 297
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Friday and yesterday it was Elijah craig 12 year small batch. Tonight blanton's.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Laphroaig.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of logrusmaster
posted Hide Post
Coffee. My change control starts in 10 minutes.

Granted the coffee might also have baileys in it.

-------------------------
If not me then who? If not now then when?

Posts: 618 | Location: Earth | Registered: August 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:

I had Duvel in Antwerp, Belgium & loved it.
Then I had it here in the States & hated it.
Is their beer made both here & over seas ?

You know, I really don't know the answer to that. I can tell you though that my recent Duvel was lovely.

Tonight, however, I will be having a glass of Mumm Champagne that my wife's parents just brought to Utah from France for the start of their two week trip in the American West. It's also to toast to their new granddaughter. Smile

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^ Saaluute!

Lagunitas Lucky 13, a favorite. Maybe follwed with Bowmore or Taiwan Beer.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Beefeater.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Elmer T Lee tonight

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4311 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:

I had Duvel in Antwerp, Belgium & loved it.
Then I had it here in the States & hated it.
Is their beer made both here & over seas ?

You know, I really don't know the answer to that. I can tell you though that my recent Duvel was lovely.

Smile

The answers are "time and travel ... and possibly, yeast."

1. Depending on whom you believe, the Duvel recipe has a fair amount of late addition hops. (Hops added near the end of the boil.) These hops provide a lot of volatile oils that give great aroma when the beer is fresh, but these oils fade and disappear over time.

2. If the beer is brewed in Belgium (and I believe all Duvel is brewed in Belgium) it has to travel over great distance (obviously) to get in your local package store. This speeds up the ageing process and brings in other factors like light-struck bottles that will produce a "funky" off flavor.

3. Duvel may be brewed at various sites now that they've bought quite a few breweries in the USA (Ommegang)and in Belgium (la Chouffe). Those breweries may be using a strain of yeast that is close to the Moortgat brewery yeast... but not quite.

I can't distinguish among hops very well, but I am very sensitive to yeast flavor profiles. Often, I can tell when different brands use the same yeast (as is the case in almost all Budweiser products, yecch!) or a brewery may use a different strain of yeast to produce beer that is slightly different from the original.

Yes, I am a beer geek.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1589 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I absent mindedly picked this up thinking this was Old Leghumper, but not really looking.
Irishsetter Red, nice !
I'm not into overly hopped beers ( go figure with my affection for OctoberFest) but this is mild for a red.... I like it !
and a red dot laser for protection !!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Tequila Ocho--la plata

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Martin's Rake, Pinot Noir, New Zealand. Okay but will probably not buy it again.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Chester County, PA | Registered: February 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
A glass of evil!

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
The new Crown Royal Honey! I hate it! Back to my original Crown...

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Knappogue Castle Bourbon Cask 12 Yr, Balvenie Doublewood, Einbecker Pils.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
A hearty pour of Russian Standard Vodka.

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1362 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Just tried a nice Australian red blend table wine called 19 Crimes. Very tasty and smooth, and less than $10 a bottle.

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some Jack Daniels.

Posts: 114 | Location: Montana | Registered: January 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Makers Mark tonight

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6476 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Not the derby, but I have a Julep.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
Balvenie Caribbean Cask tonight. Tasty old friend!

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post