SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 297
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My first Octoberfest of 2015:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Our dandelion wine 2011 vintage. It's mellowed very nicely and very good.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Tonight I bought a bottle of Stranahans Diamond Peak. It's a Colorado whiskey. Highly recommend. I'm always a bit apprehensive dropping 80$ on something I haven't tried. I read reviews online but everyone's tastes are slightly different. I'd say this is similar to a muted bourbon. Not sweet, lots of wood, but very smooth. Definite apricot on the nose, but enough burn to keep any sweetness at bay. Way better than original Stranahans which I thought tasted like too much young wood.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
St. Arnold's Ale Wagger (fka Brown Ale). This is one of St. Arnold's best, a nice balanced, malty, drinkable brown ale.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Started with Weller 12 yr Old. Does not taste bad but does not taste good. Next was Punjabi Club Rye Whisky and that is fucking disgusting hoax on the unwary. Now sipping the Jamesone's Caskmate Stout Ed but it lacks strength to displace the PCRW nastiness.

On the upside, Hidden Fortress is as awesome as ever.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h-8DtWiWiV0

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
Tonight I bought a bottle of Stranahans Diamond Peak. It's a Colorado whiskey. Highly recommend. I'm always a bit apprehensive dropping 80$ on something I haven't tried. I read reviews online but everyone's tastes are slightly different. I'd say this is similar to a muted bourbon. Not sweet, lots of wood, but very smooth. Definite apricot on the nose, but enough burn to keep any sweetness at bay. Way better than original Stranahans which I thought tasted like too much young wood.

isn't it the same as regular Stranahan's but a mix of 4yo barrels vs the 2yo they use for the regular version?

the Stranahan's of the world are just starting to get interesting after 4+yrs.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight was some delightful King's Ginger. A wonderful deviation from my usual scotch. Unfortunately I failed to realize I was running a bit low and found myself wanting slightly more than I had on hand. :-(

Chuck

Life's tough...tougher if you're stupid

(AKA "cwr" on SIGforum [email account issues])

Posts: 358 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: February 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
Bombay Sapphire, tonic, slice of lime.

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8785 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Appletinis!!!

Keeping it French & low carb tonight....grey goose & Perrier green apple on the rocks....mmmmm. Tasty!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
Trying to keep ahead of the oxidation that is surely affecting what's left in my bottle of Arran single malt.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1589 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:

isn't it the same as regular Stranahan's but a mix of 4yo barrels vs the 2yo they use for the regular version?

the Stranahan's of the world are just starting to get interesting after 4+yrs.

I'm unsure exactly how this differs from regular Stranahans. There's a card on the bottle but I don't have it anymore. Regardless, a side by side tasting examination reveals a marked difference for my pallet. YMMV. Smoother to me, noticeably so. Worth the extra price if you like American whiskey.

Got a bottle of Jeffersons Groth Cask bourbon. It's pretty good, but I don't think worth the $89 I paid. It's got fruitier flavores which are subtle and combine well with the bourbon. Just not a strong enough flavor for my taste; I'd definitely pay 60-70$. But the price is too high for me to recommend.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, only this:

Don't even have any Kalua or Frangelico to put in it. Frown

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Alesmith Old Numbskull barleywine. Perfect! Boozy, rich and just enough piney hops.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
EHTaylor Rye

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This one time,
at band camp
Picture of Wreck Tangle
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------

Strange women lyin' in ponds is no basis for a system of government.

Posts: 2679 | Location: N.E. Ohio | Registered: May 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
A very nice "The Mariner" meritage.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Was gifted a couple bottles of Coney Island Hard Root Beer. Weighing a root beer float at this point Smile

Also picked up some Crow Peak Pile 'o Dirt Porter and their Canyon Creme Ale. They're a local craft brewery (Spearfish, SD).

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buffalo Trace. Very good for the price.

What do you guys think of Rock Hill Farms? Any fans?

Posts: 1214 | Registered: May 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clown Shoes Brown Angel.

Posts: 744 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post