SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 297
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
My glass holds a Four Roses OBSQ. Total Wine Private Barrel selection. It needs an ice cube or two to knock down the "hot" and mute some "Q" floral essence.

Although, I can tolerate the 4R "Q." The 4R "F" yeasting gets a bit overboard, especially in the sweeter "B" mashbill.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wild Turkey 101.....with ice.
It's comforting.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Balvenie 14 for sipping

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
Originally posted by akcopnfbks:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
I am not sure if i have ever posted in here. Balvenie 15 yr

^ Good choice. I had the 12-yo double wood balvenie myself last night. Tonight will be my favorite single malt.....Laphroaig quarter cask.

I am typically a glenmorangie man.

I do like Glenomorangie quite a bit. The standard bottling (10yo), and I really like the Quinta Ruben as well. I keep eyeing a bottle of the Signet, but it's a bit out of my price range! The Lasanta is ok, but there are better sherried highland malts out there (imho), and the Nectar D'or is too sweet for my tastes. For a (imho) good sherried highland, check out the Aberlour line (if you haven't). Their 12 is nothing special, but getting into the cask strength (A'bunadh), the 16yo, or the 18yo are all outstanding. There's always the Macallan line too (the 12 is one of my "go to" malts). And Glenfarclas has some good offerings. For the money, the Aberlour A'bunadh is tough to beat (or Bowmore Laimrig, if you can find it). But I digress.....tonight, for me, Aberlour 18yo.

Posts: 1718 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
Larceny.
Last night Buffalo Trace.
Night before Wild Turkey Rare Breed.

Larceny needs a drop of cold water and to sit a few minutes to settle down for my taste.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Old Grand Dad 100 proof. I think of Bad Santa with every shot. Water on the side.

Posts: 389 | Registered: February 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post

Probably my favorite pumpkin beer. Tastes as if you're washing down a bite of pumpkin pie with a strong ale.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1589 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a Sam Adams Octoberfest.

Need to make a beer store run.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leeann:

You say that like it's a bad thing. Wink

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
When my wife and I go to France every year, we always plan for bringing back a few bottles of good wine and champagne. But I also always have to make room for one bottle of Scotch. At 44 euro, you're darn right I'm lugging that back home!

Almost bought this one, but decided to stick with the 18 year old Glenlivet. I don't know about for you guys, but this bottle of Glenlivet costs me $100 in Utah.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Leeann:

You say that like it's a bad thing. Wink

Never! If it's in my beer fridge, I like it. I just didn't have any other choices this evening Wink

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsVin:
Redemption Rye

Tonight, Deschutes Inversion IPA, and Real Ale Imperial Rye IPA. Next week, Redemption High Rye Bourbon. 36% rye mash billl.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

A traditional Oktoberfest Märzen. Good stuff.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I can't seem to find any "Pumpkick" on the shelves this season !
Anyone seen it ??

Sadly this was from last year when I realized how much I liked it.
Don't tell me I have to start another pallet!!!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Wow , I've been Harpooned !!
Having a new Imperial Stout, Interrobang from Harpoon Brewery.
None of the beer rating sites have a rate for it yet.
It is a big blast of espresso & at 18% ABV it's got some ass to it.
I started out with it ice cold & didn't care for it so much but as it warmed to lightly chilled , it kept getting better.
Really good at room temp.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Just an old staple tonight, Newcastle Brown Ale. A great friend.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Chester County, PA | Registered: February 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Tonight I had a boulevard Rosemary IPA. It was delicious.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Victory Festbier Oktoberfest

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Visiting New Mexico with my girlfriend from Taiwan. Trying some beers that I cannot get in Austin. New Mexico is pretty but poor.

Isotopes Slammin' Amber Ale. Sierra Blanca Alien Amber Ale. Four Peaks Kilt Lifter. Four Peaks Hop Knot IPA. Utah Brewing Co-op Hop Rising Imperial IPA. Lagunitaz Lucky 13. Sante Fe IPA. Rio Grande IPA. Robinson's Trooper British Beer.

I am drinking these over several evenings.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mainframe Coder:
Just an old staple tonight, Newcastle Brown Ale. A great friend.

You should try "ellies brown ale" similar but more chocolate and slight coffee notes.

Tonight was a gambit of bourbons/rye

Yippee ki yay rye
Buffalo trace
Makers cask strength

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post