SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
So i pour myself a generous finger and a half of glen morangie 12 year quinta ruban. I am two sips in when my wife snuggles up next to me and steals my glass. A sniff and a sip later she proudly pronounces how she likes my bourbon..

When she finishes it off i asked her how my scotch was.

#robbedbymyderbyqueen

My bottle is now gone, jealously guarding the last finger as i sip it

The Qunita Ruben is outstanding....my favorite Glenmorangie offering. Or at least my favorite reasonably priced one....the 18yo & Signet are both amazing as well, but significantly more expensive.

Posts: 1728 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Lagunitas Imperial Stout tonight. My father had an operation to remove a cancerous kidney today. My family was in the hospital for nine hours for the op and post-op visit. The doc said that the op went well and Dad was strengthening by the hour but a little libation relief is very welcome.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Lagunitas Imperial Stout tonight. My father had an operation to remove a cancerous kidney today. My family was in the hospital for nine hours for the op and post-op visit. The doc said that the op went well and Dad was strengthening by the hour but a little libation relief is very welcome.

I really like this Imperial Stout. A hidden gem that is much better than its price tag would suggest. Glad your father’s procedure went well!

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that a taste or two of Jim Beam Black bourbon will be served tonite!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Benriach 21 year is tonight’s selection.

Chuck

Life's tough...tougher if you're stupid

(AKA "cwr" on SIGforum [email account issues])

Posts: 358 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: February 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I've really become a fan of Old Fashions. I know how to make a strict one (bourbon, bitters and simple syrup) but tonight I jazzed it up a bit with Woodford Reserve Spiced Cherry bitters I found on Amazon and these crazy amazing italian cherries. Doubled the recipe and this thing is SO good.

A toast to you all!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
Basil Hayden’s...again. Good night.

Posts: 740 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finishing the last of this bottle of Laphroaig 18 year. Only 6 bottles left on my shelf.

Chuck

Life's tough...tougher if you're stupid

(AKA "cwr" on SIGforum [email account issues])

Posts: 358 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: February 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I believe I’ll have a snort of Bulliet Rye. It’s Keto friendly, unlike my favorite beers. Oh well..

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
An Anchor Steam Beer.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Captain Morgan mixed with Coke Zero vanilla..

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Great Divide Titan and pizza.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Woodford tonight..

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2671 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Bushmills Black Bush. I used to be a Bourbon guy, but I switched to Irish a few years ago.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
I've really become a fan of Old Fashions. I know how to make a strict one (bourbon, bitters and simple syrup) but tonight I jazzed it up a bit with Woodford Reserve Spiced Cherry bitters I found on Amazon and these crazy amazing italian cherries. Doubled the recipe and this thing is SO good.

A toast to you all!

A "strict" (i.e. - traditional, or "old fashioned" Old Fashioned) is made with rye whiskey, and garnished with orange peel that has been expressed into the drink. Those Italian cherries you've got are likely brandied. And FYI, Woodford makes a tasty rye whiskey, if you want to check it out. And I agree with you, an Old Fashioned is probably my favorite cocktail. That or a Manhattan, and they're virtually identical drinks, save the garnish, serving glass & the sweetener (orange peel vs brandied cherries, high ball vs martini glass, and sugar vs sweet vermouth).

If you want to really blow your own mind, (at least it did mine) try making an Old Fashioned or Manhattan with brandy/cognac instead of bourbon or rye. They are, dare I say it, even better? Either way, excellent choice. Made me thirsty!

Posts: 1728 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
Deschutes Hop Henge Imperial IPA, 90 IBU's & 8.7% ABV, and outstanding. Followed up a couple of those with a generous 3-finger pour of Lagavulin 16.

In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Bushmills Black Bush. I used to be a Bourbon guy, but I switched to Irish a few years ago.

Bush Black & Jameson's Black Barrel are both pretty tasty, for Irish offerings.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Russell’s Reserve 10 YO Small Batch

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post