SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
A little Jack Single Barrel over ice.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
tonic water while I am practicing the guitar

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Taking a break from Octoberfest with Texas brewed dunkelweizen

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23212 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Not bad at all.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Shed Profanity ale.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post

A little "old school" Spaten Oktoberfest with some bonded American whiskey.... in the gloaming of an October evening.

I was looking for Two Roads Marzen Ok2berfest... which is GREAT stuff... but none was to be had at the two liquor stores I visited. So I settled on Spaten... which is OK Oktoberfest, but has that "mass produced for the masses" taste to it.

I was in Orlando earlier this week, wandering through "Disney Springs." A kiosk there sells "drinkin' supplies." I bought a square tumbler with an ice mold that creates a well with ice walls inside the glass.

Had to have it.

I'm also taking precautionary action against the effects of oxidation that occur in near-empty whiskey bottles.

The Old Taylor Bond is 100 proof, and handles the ice well.

I don't detect the smoky notes in the Old Taylor that others have mentioned. Maybe that's because I do enjoy the really smoky stuff from Scotland and my palate has become desensitized.

Sorry for the poor photography... low light conditions!

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1598 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
3 fingers of Monkey Shoulder, 1 cube of ice.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Rully Clos des Mollepierres - a tasty white burgundy (French Chardonnay)

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23212 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
It's an OctoberFest sampler weekend.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Two fingers of Eagle Rare and a couple cubes of ice.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Lagunitas Achtuberfest

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
couple of local octoberfest at lunch, Legends,
great brewery and the oldest micro in RVA,

now relaxing with a DFH 60 minute, getting ready for another

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Johnnie Walker Red Label. Too much beer lately... Smile

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not sure if i have ever posted in here. Balvenie 15 yr

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Well then, you're leading off with s good one !

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
couple of local octoberfest at lunch, Legends,
great brewery and the oldest micro in RVA,

now relaxing with a DFH 60 minute, getting ready for another

I spent a day there in the spring, playing taste everything in sight. 'Twas a very good day.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

^ Good choice. I had the 12-yo double wood balvenie myself last night. Tonight will be my favorite single malt.....Laphroaig quarter cask.

Posts: 1728 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
Delirium Nocturnum...in a Duvel glass.

CW

Posts: 3200 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akcopnfbks:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

^ Good choice. I had the 12-yo double wood balvenie myself last night. Tonight will be my favorite single malt.....Laphroaig quarter cask.

I am typically a glenmorangie man.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post