SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 297
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
I've been on a manhattan kick the last few weeks. This week in particular has been brandy manhattans. Same thing as a regular manhattan, but brandy instead of rye. Quite a delicious alternative.

Posts: 1718 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Whistle Pig Rye !! Big time good...

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Laphroaig (after some recommendations here) Triple Wood

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Tonight brings a nice claret from Linden .

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229-SAS:
Whistle Pig Rye !! Big time good...

It is that! Rye for me as well, but a more modest but satisfying Pikesville 6 y.o.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10350 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Laphroaig (after some recommendations here) Triple Wood

An excellent choice! I really like the Triple Wood Laph, and am glad they brought it back. It ain't cheap, so not an everyday pour for me (Laph 10yo is that), but I almost always have a bottle in the cabinet.

Tonight for me......a brandy manhattan, or more accurately a cognac manhattan with Courvoisier VSOP. I go 2.5 parts brandy/cognac to 1 part sweet vermouth & 1/2 part of the brandied cherry juice. 3-4 dashes of Angostura bitters (these are outstanding....smell like Christmas to me), and another dash in the martini glass that I swirl around before pouring the drink. Add ingredients to shaker with crushed ice, stir briskly for 20-25 seconds, put strainer lid on & pour into martini glass. Garnish is 1-2 brandied maraschino cherries. Out-fucking-standing. About to have #2.

Posts: 1718 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
King’s Ginger tonight

Chuck

Life's tough...tougher if you're stupid

(AKA "cwr" on SIGforum [email account issues])

Posts: 358 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: February 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
Lagavulin 16. Celebrating a new job. Cheers to the forum!

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxdave:
Lagavulin 16. Celebrating a new job. Cheers to the forum!

Congrats on the new job! Excellent choice on the celebratory beverage.
A little macallan with my son here tonight.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saturday p.m. happy hour will feature 1792 bourbon and a bit of ice!!

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^ ditto

Posts: 43 | Location: North Florida | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a beer with dinner and enjoying an old fashioned now.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Old Fizziwig from Sam Adams.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

Older daughter brought me a bottle of this when she came back down from Thanksgiving - her boyfriend’s family lives up near the distillery.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
fearsum, how is it? I have been considering the Bernheim wheat whisky for a couple of months.

Tonight, a couple of pours of the 'Holt, Buffalo Bayou Gingerbread Stout, and maybe a Maximus. Bacardi dark rum is in reserve for a possible eggnog project.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
A one off tonight. Abraham Bowman Wheater.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10350 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Champagne Sunday in the Russo household

Chuck

Life's tough...tougher if you're stupid

(AKA "cwr" on SIGforum [email account issues])

Posts: 358 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: February 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
fearsum, how is it? I have been considering the Bernheim wheat whisky for a couple of months.

It is a nice change up from the Redbreast and cognac I usually have.

92 proof, so has a bit of bite. I’ve only had it straight up so far, and it will ikely improve with an ice cube Or maybe a few drops of distilled or rainwater water (just to keep the precious bodily fluids topped off)

It’s only 4 year old, and ~$40 - so I’d say give it a try...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post