SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 297
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Founders Breakfast Stout.

Yum.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Eagle Rare.

Thought I'd have to struggle with it, but this batch is smooooth. Made for a most pleasant evening of "turn off, tune out, drop in" at the MIL's

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Lakefront Brewery - Fixed Gear

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Lagunitas Sucks

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwood4
posted Hide Post
Liquor store by my house always has Laguanitas but sometimes doesnt have my favorite IPA which is Dogfishead 60 minute. I dont think Laguanitas sucks but it certainly isnt the best. What are some other IPS I might try?

Posts: 543 | Registered: November 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
.LOL Lagunitas Sucks is an ale.

Edit I really like Lagunitas and sucks is a good ale. I only like European IPAs American IPAs are to bitter for me.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Like Mike
Picture of CEShooter
posted Hide Post
Rowan's Creek over some ice.

I'm remembering why I didn't buy a second bottle years ago after I tried it for the first time. Oh well, I'll finish it out of shear stubbornness.

---------------
"Structural engineering is the art of moulding materials we don't understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot really access, in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." Dr. A. R. Dykes

Posts: 2229 | Location: 500 Miles from the homeland | Registered: February 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Barrel Strength Maker's Mark.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwood4:
Liquor store by my house always has Laguanitas but sometimes doesnt have my favorite IPA which is Dogfishead 60 minute. I dont think Laguanitas sucks but it certainly isnt the best. What are some other IPS I might try?

I like the IPAs with a big malt start and a bitter finish. The 90 minutes DFH is preferred to the 60 min. In terms of the stronger style I would reccommend Laguitas Maximus, 6Hebrew RIPA, Green Flash Palette Wrecker, DFH 90, Hop Juice, Boulevard Doublewide,

For a more moderate style, SN Hoptimum, Founders Centennial, Independence Stash, Boulevard Singlewide, Deschuetes Inversion, Real Ale Lost Gold, Boulevard Calling IPA.

Enjoying Knob Creek Rye tonight, cold and windy induces a thirst for the hard stuff.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
.LOL Lagunitas Sucks is an ale.

Edit I really like Lagunitas and sucks is a good ale. I only like European IPAs American IPAs are to bitter for me.

Same here. Everything I have had from these guys is damn good.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
quote:
Originally posted by dwood4:

I like the IPAs with a big malt start and a bitter finish. The 90 minutes DFH is preferred to the 60 min. In terms of the stronger style I would reccommend Laguitas Maximus, 6Hebrew RIPA, Green Flash Palette Wrecker, DFH 90, Hop Juice, Boulevard Doublewide,

For a more moderate style, SN Hoptimum, Founders Centennial, Independence Stash, Boulevard Singlewide, Deschuetes Inversion, Real Ale Lost Gold, Boulevard Calling IPA.

Enjoying Knob Creek Rye tonight, cold and windy induces a thirst for the hard stuff.

big fan of DFH products,

at the alehouses they serve DFH 75,
not the same as the one you can buy in a bottle, but a blend of 60 minute and 90 minute,

best of both worlds, excellent beer, .

there is also Bell's Two Hearted, but that may not be to your liking style wise,

if you like them milder, find some English bitters, or ESB,

Fullers is good,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Jlemmy I've still got that Dark Lord in the fridge. I've stared it down nearly every time I grab a beer but I'm going to save it for one of those long cold and dark Jan/Feb nights. Thanks again for your generosity! There are still people on my Facebook beer group that haven't been able to score a bottle.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I actually got to try an ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR single malt scotch whisky on Thanksgiving:

ABERLOUR 18 year

UN-FREAKING-BELIEVEABLE

Drinking it neat is the only option as it is the best, smoothest I have EVER had to date. I'm sure there are other great ones out there waiting to be discovered as well, but this one will be hard to beat!

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
A Knob Creek Night.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
capt. 100 with some real creme of coconut pina coladas.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Blanche de Bruxelles, a Belgian wheat beer.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Bowman Brothers, Va. Whiskey

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Almost bought the Knob Creek Rye but went with the Old Grand Dad... "Hello Younger Bear."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Blanche de Bruxelles, a Belgian wheat beer.

Oh yeah. I love that stuff. <points at avatar>
The lable from the 90's

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post