SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 297
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post

Headed to Total Wine to find out what I will be savoring tonight.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Ardbeg Kelpie. Last night also. Tonight its smoothed out a bit. Last night was like a punch in the mouth. Sometimes more intense is too intense.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
If you've ever been to Ted's you may have seen the "Big Sky Lemonade" on their menu. I make it at home. Bourbon (standard Elijah Craig tonight), orange liqueur (usually Cointreau but I'm out so Triple Sec it is), and lemonade. Delicious summer time drink.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
Apothic Dark. I have a LOT to learn about wine - but I like this one.

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1362 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Ardbeg Kelpie. Last night also. Tonight its smoothed out a bit. Last night was like a punch in the mouth. Sometimes more intense is too intense.

I tried the Ardbeg Uighedail some weeks back, and it was a kick in the gut. I'll stick to Lagavullin when I want peat and smoke.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
It's hot and muggy on the mosquito coast; reminds me of my time in Havana with Michael Corleone. I've been drinking Mojitos at 5 everyday, listening to The Mambo Kings album. Bought 4 mint plants but they can't keep up with my thirst. Shopped at an Asian grocery, lo and behold, large bags of spearmint leaves.

10 fresh mint leaves
1/2 lime, cut into 4 wedges
1 shot homemade simple syrup
crushed ice
2 shots white rum
club soda

Directions
Place mint leaves and 1 lime wedge into a sturdy glass. Use a muddler to crush the mint and lime to release the mint oils and lime juice. Add 2 more lime wedges and syrup, and muddle again to release the lime juice. Do not strain the mixture. Fill the glass to the top with crushed ice. Pour the rum over the ice, and top the glass with club soda. Stir. Garnish with the remaining lime wedge. Enjoy.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Hacker-Pschorr Munich Gold. My favorite beer.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Suntory Habiki. After the Ardbeg Kelpie the Hibiki is indeed a harmony. A bit of cinnamon up front and vanilla/toffee finish.
The flavor profile is similar to Evan Williams Single Barrel.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Barrel aged old Rasputin. Holy shit!

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Mojito

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy:
Barrel aged old Rasputin. Holy shit!

I was going to buy one for a cribbage (with Dad) beer. Today I bought a Barrel Aged Yeti Imperial Stout. Also bought a 2012 (!) Chocolate Yeti, and 2016 Chocolate Yeti.

But I am drinking EKU, Stone Pataskala, Green Flash Palatte Wrecker, and DFH 90 minute IPA tonight. And maybe Hibiki.

Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Gentleman Jack and an Ashton Churchill. Whats not to love!

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Having some Old Stitch Brown Ale from Colonial Williamsburg.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
An old fashion, made with simple syrup, few dashes of bitters, a muddled slice of white nectarine and a few blue berries, health amount of buffalo trace, strained over ice with a garnish of nectarine and blue berry.

It's a summer recipie from Martha Stewart (I know I'm not a fan of hers) it's really tasty.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Absolutely perfect for the cabin on a cold, wet day 2 miles from those pesky Canadians.

Two nights ago I was fortunate enough to try Macallan 12 for the first time. Very good also. I'd hate to have to choose between these two.

One interesting note about the Glenfiddich - I often like to open up a Scotch with a couple drops of water. With this I don't care for what that does. It seems to become a little more aggressive. Without it, it's like sucking on a Werthers Original Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BRL,

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
BRL, any tasting notes? If you encounter Auchtenausen (sp) American Oak avoid it.

Knob Creek Rye at Casa Kablammo tonight.

Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Mr. k,I'm pretty new to this but I do know what I like. I'd say vanilla and caramel with oak, not peaty at all. An excellent finish, very little if any burn. Just smooooth...

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts
Picture of GRIZZLYBEAR
posted Hide Post
Masterson Rye

Posts: 1895 | Location: SOMEWHERE IN,, PA USA | Registered: May 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Wien'er Vitus, and Wiezenbock. I was thinking of rye but the fireworks will likely harsh the mellow.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My usual hot weather cocktail - Beefeater martini.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post