SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Victory Golden Monkey. Finest kind.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Erdinger Oktoberfest. It's not sold in my area. But I finally had the chance to try it, at a pizza place in Shreveport LA, of all places.
I haven't tried it. How does it compare to Sam Adams' Oktoberfest?

This year, I've only tried SA and Paulaner, and SA is far better. Last year, Ayinger was my fav but I haven't found it this year.

It's good, but different than most Oktoberfests. It's a wheat beer, not a Marzen like most of the others. But it has some extra Oktobefest-style spice to it. As a fan of both Hefeweizens and Marzens, I like it. Not the best Hefe, and not the best Oktoberfest, but still a good beer combining elements from both. I bought a case from a Louisiana liquor store to add to my fall/winter stockpile.

Ayinger is still the best Oktoberfest this year, but it's in very short supply. There were apparently only a half dozen cases available in all of Northwest Arkansas, and those sold over a month ago. I was lucky enough to get one. I'm having to ration it.

Paulaner actually offers two different Oktoberfests, a lighter Wiesn and a darker traditional amber Marzen. If you weren't impressed with the Wiesn, try the Marzen. It might be more to your liking, since it's more like Sam Adams Octoberfest.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't tried High West, Jay. I have read a lot of good things about it, though. I don't remember if they have a distillery or buy and bottle their products.

Posts: 1214 | Registered: May 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Lots of great reviews for all their products, though they are blended bourbons im willing to give them a try, someone on the forum recommended their campfire whiskey sometime last year and it was fantastic. I might give the midwinter dram a try next week.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I tried oktoberfest S.A. for the first time the other day. I dont drink beer anymore but dang im up to 18 killed!

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool clear water over ice.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lugerguards
posted Hide Post
Fantastic Manhattan

Nothing here to see!

Posts: 1865 | Location: Will County, Illinois | Registered: October 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
Having homemade berry wine that friends of ours brought us. Winter project for wifey and me, learn how to make wine!!!

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Ninkasi Brewing Company Seasonal Release Oktoberfest Festbier Lager

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Captain and Coke.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Hot black tea tonight.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Kulmbach Kapuziner Hefeweizen and Flensburger Gold Lager

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Belhaven Scottish Oat Stout, Sierra Nevada Narwhal,

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Evan Williams Single Barrel with a couple of ice cubes.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 Brewers Amber in the Great North outside of Toronto. 3 Brewers Beer

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Shiner Oktoberfest and Flensburg Weizen

Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Crown Royal in a Crown Royal tumbler.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5053 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
E.H. Taylor Small Batch

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Went to to two of the largest stores in town in search of Marzen Oktoberfestbier, and found 3 Canadian offerings.

#1 delicious Oktoberfest from Edmonton in 22 oz bottle:

#2 & #3 will be this weekend

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
MKE Hop-to-ber Fest.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post