SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Stopped by the local state liquor store and found a display of various bloody Mary mix. Stonewall kitchens not has a line od spiced mixes that went down easily on the deck a short time ago.

So when i show up for tomorrows Steel Match with my 320 9mm and 250 rounds of 40 S&W, I'll know why.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by italia:

Very nice. Cool

Thank you, sir. I'm enjoying another dram of Lagavulin 16 Distiller's Edition right now. Wink

-BK

"If it's all the same to you, I'd really prefer to visit the range."

Posts: 7980 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Another summer beer from North Coast Brewery this one is good also.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post

and

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
A drop of the Dew.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
just finished the last of a bottle of Hudson Baby Bourbon,

tasty stuff

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
Springbank 17 Single Cask (Fresh Oloroso Sherry Cask). Cool

-BK

Posts: 7980 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Athens Ohio Brewery's Jackie O's Russian Imperial Stout !!
10.5% ABV

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I have stumbled upon a decent progression for an evening's sipping...

1. Old Grand Dad
2. Tullamore Dew
3. Nikka Taketsuru Pure Malt

The flavors build. Lagaluvin or Laphroig could make the fourth.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Brother Thelonious , Belgian Abby Ale from North Coast Brewery !!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
Laphroaig 18. Cool

-BK

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Stone Enjoy By 07.04.2015

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Alaskan Amber.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Last night it was a dram of The Balvenie DoubleWood.

I'm thinking tonight it may be Laphroaig Quarter Cask.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
In honor of National Bourbon Day...

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
BK- I bought a bottle of Springbank 15 (Campbeltown) based on seeing them in your regular line up; I must say its not to my liking. I was expecting sherried flavor based on online reviews and was instead greeted with vinegar. Did I buy a lemon or is this an acquired taste?

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
BK- I bought a bottle of Springbank 15 (Campbeltown) based on seeing them in your regular line up; I must say its not to my liking. I was expecting sherried flavor based on online reviews and was instead greeted with vinegar. Did I buy a lemon or is this an acquired taste?

Lets meet up. I'll offer a trade. I have actually yet to try Springbank 15, but have trued the 12, and was bought a bottle of 15 Green this last weekend (1 of 9000 bottles) and I must say it was quite tasty!

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I'm enjoying a dram of Highland Park 15 tonight Smile

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
quote:

Lets meet up. I'll offer a trade. I have actually yet to try Springbank 15, but have trued the 12, and was bought a bottle of 15 Green this last weekend (1 of 9000 bottles) and I must say it was quite tasty!
im in Texas for another week, then Colorado for a week then back to FL. Any SF member can get a free bottle of Springbank 15 (minus two drams!) if they come find me.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, my friend, I'd have to say that you either got a bad bottle or the whisky just ain't to your liking. Refer to my earlier post about adding water to your whisky and letting the dram breathe (your palate might require a little water and patience).

Mind you, owing to the distillery's locale, Springbank does have a bit of brine on the palate, but that flavor hardly manifests as vinegar? Confused

I'd have to sample a dram or two to be sure about all of this, man. PM me for my delivery information. As a courtesy to a fellow member, I'm willing to examine that whisky for free. Wink

quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:

Lets meet up. I'll offer a trade. I have actually yet to try Springbank 15, but have tried the 12, and was bought a bottle of 15 Green this last weekend (1 of 9000 bottles) and I must say it was quite tasty!

Good man. Slàinte. Cool

-BK