SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Stella Artois

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Tonight before dinner, had some Buffalo Trace with Ginger Beer and a splash of lime juice. Nice, tasty little drink.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
With a clink of my highball glass to the bourbon aficionados of SigForum who steered me to Eagle Rare:

A double Manhattan with Eagle Rare and three dashes of Fee Bros. "Old Fashion" bitters.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1598 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Old Overholt Rye Whisky for the eve of the 4th.

http://whiskeyreviewer.com/201...-rye-whiskey-review/

Review added.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 327 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: April 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Old Overholt Rye Whisky for the eve of the 4th.

I love rye, but I've never heard of that one...

Posts: 2761 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bell's Hopslam.

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
1 Glenlivet 18 and 1 Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Barrel Strength Elijah Craig (on a few ice cubes, in a mason jar).

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Barrel Strength Elijah Craig (on a few ice cubes, in a mason jar).

OK, I am stealing this idea. Starting tonight.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1598 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Last night was Stone RuinTen double IPA. Good but not great. Another one crammed with hops just for the sake of saying "OMG HOPS LOL!"

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Had a San Adams Stout tonight which was very good.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Smith & forge hard cider while grilling ribeyes for a late dinner.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Had a San Adams Stout tonight which was very good.

^^^^^
That looks good !!!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thermonuclear Vulcan
Picture of Zebulon
posted Hide Post
Friday nights can be pretty entertaining......Smile Zebulon

Posts: 2761 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: November 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Green Flash Palatte Wrecker. Tomorrow, Tomatin and Tomatin 12 Yr.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Calculating Cooling
Capacity In Hell
Picture of sig239srt
posted Hide Post
Tonight!

Flavored water… Coors Light

Posts: 2625 | Location: AZ | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mttaylor1066:
With a clink of my highball glass to the bourbon aficionados of SigForum who steered me to Eagle Rare:

I had a buddy send me a bottle of Eagle Rare as a gift a few years back. I had one drink out of it and gave it away. Its just not smooth enough for me. I thought it had a reasonably good flavor, just too much bite for my palate.

I'm sipping on my usual: Three fingers of Crown over ice and a splash of water. Rinse and repeat.

Posts: 20082 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by mttaylor1066:

I had a buddy send me a bottle of Eagle Rare as a gift a few years back. I had one drink out of it and gave it away. Its just not smooth enough for me. I thought it had a reasonably good flavor, just too much bite for my palate.

I'm sipping on my usual: Three fingers of Crown over ice and a splash of water. Rinse and repeat.

(laughs, not *at* you or rudely, truly, but about folks' tastes)

You've got an interesting set o tastebuds and I think based on your comments here and there that you really just like bland-ish whiskey. Which is fine of course, drink whatever you like. I'm not fucking with you about it, just commenting about tastes / perception.

You seem to default to Crown, which is really just a base of good (15yr) Bourbon that's watered down and "mellowed" with a bunch of less flavorful younger whiskeys, and you add water to it, and you've described Eagle Rare as being pretty much the exact opposite of what most think - which is, fwiw, that if Eagle Rare has any real "problem" it's that it's too mellow and a tad boring on follow up drinks / the second bottle / etc.

Which all makes sense now... Seriously... No wonder you don't care for many other Bourbons and such, they all probably taste pretty bite-y. Perhaps it's the Rye (in most Bourbons) that is triggering such a response. Rye is fairly bite-y all things considered.

Perhaps you'd like the Wheater Bourbons better? "Smoother" than Rye Bourbons for sure, in almost all cases. Try any Weller (the 12yr especially), Van Winkle (if you can find any, the 12yr especially), or regular Makers Mark... Those with a little water may not have the same bite to you. Maybe some Scotches too, some blends are super mellow and even some single malts such as Glenmorangie 10yr (which is good and popular but too mild for me, and I despise super peaty / iodine-y Scotches, fwiw, so I truly mean mellow here...).

Anyway, food for thought.

Cheers.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Okay, so its a lunch snack & not "Night" time.
I love a good Gewürztraminer !

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post