SIGforum
Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/3790084453

June 19, 2014, 08:06 PM
cobrajet
Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
I don't normally drink anything during the week, but it's been a long day, I might pour a glass of Canadian club and go up to the restaraunt and grab something to eat. Either that or go up there and order a couple Yuenglings with my food.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan
June 19, 2014, 08:07 PM
SIGSCOUSER
My own invention, a pint glass 1/2 murphys stout ( like Guinness but much smoother) and 1/2 Angry orchard crisp apple cider, I call it an "Angry Murphy"

sig certified classic Pseries Armorer
226 L1 S X6
228 WG
226WG

June 19, 2014, 08:37 PM
Iron bottom
A little Elijah Craig 12 with some of that old time Pepsi. Very good.
June 19, 2014, 08:42 PM
Deqlyn
Rum cranberry and peach scnapps. I ran out of mixing bourbon. Been doin it all week. Usually im once a week

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke
June 19, 2014, 09:20 PM
scratchy
Glenmorangie Lasanta and some ice

June 19, 2014, 09:33 PM
Leemur
Devil's Backbone/Green Flash East West IPL collaboration.
June 19, 2014, 10:00 PM
mr kablammo
Green Flash Hamilton's Ale aka Palate Wrecker. Goes great with a club sandwich from the Little Deli. May have a nightcap of Talisker.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.
June 19, 2014, 10:14 PM
GA Gator
quote:
Originally posted by Iron bottom:

ICE only

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo
June 19, 2014, 10:37 PM
Deqlyn
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
quote:
Originally posted by Iron bottom:

ICE only

Brilliantly played sir! Only bourbon I mix is old crow!

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke
June 20, 2014, 05:41 AM
petr
Had a flight with Pliny the Elder, Heady Topper, Blind Pig, Zombie Dust, and the 5th I don't remember the name. It was a substitution since the Stone Enjoy By was not right and pulled off of the tap. All of these were firsts for me and fantastic to say the least.
June 20, 2014, 02:01 PM
Iron bottom
Gentlemen: I had a serious bout with stomach cancer several years ago that nearly killed me. I think that acid reflux had a lot to do with the condition I found myself in. So I try to avoid anything that irritates the digestive tract.

On a happier note; I sneaked over the border of a neighboring state and procured some Elmer T. Lee today. The best deal on a very high quality Single Barrel Sour Mash Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey you are likely to find anywhere. If you see any, grab it. I don't think you will regret your purchase.

It has been said "The best spirits make the best cocktails". My experience tells me that this statement is 95% true.
June 20, 2014, 05:40 PM
kandersn
I scored some more Heady Topper. I just poured one.

Kevin

June 20, 2014, 06:40 PM
lyman
quote:
Originally posted by SIGSCOUSER:
My own invention, a pint glass 1/2 murphys stout ( like Guinness but much smoother) and 1/2 Angry orchard crisp apple cider, I call it an "Angry Murphy"

that's also called a :

Poor-man's Black Velvet (aka Snakebite)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

June 20, 2014, 08:07 PM
feersum dreadnaught
Couple flasks of nice cold sake over dinner with wife and daughter - blue fin toro, uni, ikura with quail egg, Mai tai (red snapper) and some freebies from the sushi chef (good to be a regular, and a tipper)

Home to a nice grappa...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"
June 20, 2014, 08:13 PM
oilpatch29
3 parts Grey Goose vodka
1 part Gallo extra dry vermouth

Shaken, not stirred Wink

-----------------------------------
June 20, 2014, 08:20 PM
badkarma56
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:

Whats in your glass tonight???

Laphroaig 18. Cool

-BK

"If it's all the same to you, I'd really prefer to visit the range."
June 20, 2014, 08:26 PM
LimaCharlie
Ardbeg Corryvreckan Scotch neat.

U.S. Army, Retired
June 20, 2014, 08:33 PM
gibby29
I think I'm dehydrated, I'm on my fourth glass of water tonight. I'm so thirsty even a glass of scotch didn't sound that good. Frown
June 20, 2014, 08:36 PM
oilpatch29
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:
I think I'm dehydrated, I'm on my fourth glass of water tonight. I'm so thirsty even a glass of scotch didn't sound that good. Frown

Discretion is the better part of valor. Wink

-----------------------------------
June 20, 2014, 10:20 PM
TMats
Sad to say, just water for me. I had a CT-Myelogram this afternoon to take a closer look at my cervical spine. I bucked off a horse--hard, 30 years ago. Didn't break my neck, but I had about two months of PT right after the wreck, and periodically over the years. It's been a problem ever since. I've been experiencing some signs and symptoms lately that kind of spooked me; I'd like to remain upright for the rest of my life.

It said "no alcohol for 2 days" on the orders they sent home with me. The attending nurse said, "at least tonight." I'm good with that.