SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post

Happiness is having to climb in your car to change your target.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
Balvenie Caribbean Cask tonight. Good stuff, one of my new favorites.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5575 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Aberlour 12 year old 48% non-chill filtered....it's heavenly! Just picked up a bottle this afternoon.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jlemmy:

That is some fantastic Barley Wine !!!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
A can of Miller Light kept cool by a Hooter's koozie Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
Grumpy, we have some common tastes. Should get together for a beer sometime Wink

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:

It is impossible to find here, but Balvenie also has Cuban Cask. I had some while in Scotland in July. Just as good, but not as sweet as Caribbean Cask.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
Laphroaig Càirdeas (2014). Cool

-BK

"If it's all the same to you, I'd really prefer to visit the range."

Posts: 7980 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Grumpy, we have some common tastes. Should get together for a beer sometime Wink

Don't know where "nowhere fun" is but I'm with that!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:

It is impossible to find here, but Balvenie also has Cuban Cask. I had some while in Scotland in July. Just as good, but not as sweet as Caribbean Cask.

Not terribly difficult to find here, but not what I'd call common or even widely available. That Cuban Cask sounds like something I'd like to try, is it available in the US or only Scotland? I haven't seen it, but if it's available here I'd like to give it a try. Balvenie's offerings have really grown on me.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5575 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I've been real busy, too busy to crack a cold one these past seven weeks. But last night I bought a large sausage pizza and demolished it with three super-ice-cold bottles of Miller Light. The case has sat untouched for over a month with a six pack in the back of the fridge.

When I go that long without a beer, it seems to taste better. Way way better. I like the light beer in case I feel like drinking ten of them.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recently saw some 18 y.o. Balvenie, tho for some reason didn't buy any. Anyone here tried it yet?

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Got a Victory White Monkey now.

It's Golden Monkey aged in white wine barrels, it is amazingly winey...almost too much so.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Woodford Reserve.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No more Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of cobrajet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
I've been real busy, too busy to crack a cold one these past seven weeks. But last night I bought a large sausage pizza and demolished it with three super-ice-cold bottles of Miller Light. The case has sat untouched for over a month with a six pack in the back of the fridge.

When I go that long without a beer, it seems to taste better. Way way better. I like the light beer in case I feel like drinking ten of them.

This time of year, a 6 pack of beer will sit in my fridge for months, but I only drink it if people are coming over, unless it's the occasional better dark beer. My normal average beer with friends is Yeungling.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

Posts: 12401 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: November 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Water and occasional Mexican Coke. Too many meds this weekend.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8096 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
I'm typically a beer with an occasional shot of bourbon guy. My brother (same one that guided me to my first Glock purchase) has been suggesting a gin and tonic. Tried one tonight. Very tasty!

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
quote:

Don't know where "nowhere fun" is but I'm with that!

Yea, I suppose that is true but it will make sense when you hear. Illinois in the northwest Chicago burbs Wink Looks like I'll be heading out to Kimbolton in April however. Only Indiana stands in the way Big Grin

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
A can of Miller Light kept cool by a Hooter's koozie Smile

+1

I love my mass produced domestic lights Smile

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cobrajet:

My normal average beer with friends is Yeungling.

Growing up, that was the $11.99 per case beer. And their B&T was the hip beer at the college dives.

It was made not too far to the north, in Pottsville. An interesting small town with a few fantastic sandwich shops.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post