SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Ronin,
It shouldn't be considered.

Outnumbered
You are absolutely on the right track. E H Taylor small batch and Stagg Jr are always in my cabinet. IMHO, E H Taylor small batch at $40 - $43 is one of the best values in the market. When you step down in quality you will know it. Very Old Barton, buffalo Trace, etc.. are good and have there place but I think most people would put them a step below EHT and Stagg Jr.

Ronin, raised an issue which is my pet peeve the sherry, port, rum cask finish, stowed in the hold of an 18th century pirate ship to sail the 7 seas, long lost orphan barrels lost till some miraculous discovery, solera aged it's all gimmicky marketing bull shit.

Cook it, ferment it, age it, bottle it, sell it.

Rant off

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight will be a 1792 small batch bourbon night.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
My wife is visiting family so I am on my own.

Filet that I will reverse sear finished in a grill pan on the stove (weather is sub optimal for grilling). Arugula Salad.

a glass of Ferrari-Canaro Cabernet Sauvignon with dinner.

A tot of Basil Hayden Dark Rye as a night cap.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 717 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A wee bit of Glenmorangie Nectar D'or, 12 years old, 92 proof. It's fairly complex to describe, but good for a chilly, wet winter's night.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Milk Stout @ the brewery https://imgur.com/gallery/WKjntiL

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glendalough Double Barrel Irish Whiskey and Guinness.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Last night was a couple Bulleit Rye Old Fashioneds. If I'd thought to stop for booze on the way home, I'd have done another round.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Yuengling Black & Tan

Posts: 3718 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Comparing Booker’s 2017-04 “Sip Awhile” and Little Book Chapter 03: The Road Home

Both great bourbons

Posts: 331 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: August 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
LEgend's Brown Ale,

mighty fine

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
805 with MI coozy and G26 protection.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Last Sunday my neighbor generously brought over a bottle of 10 year pappy van winkle for the chiefs game. I wonder what he pulls out for today? I like having a neighbor who is a big bourbon collector. Go Chiefs!

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
Last Sunday my neighbor generously brought over a I wonder what he pulls out for today? I like having a neighbor who is a big bourbon collector. Go Chiefs!

Can I come over for the Superbowl?

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Opened a new bottle last night
Uncle Nearest 1856 Tennessee whiskey
let's call it a smoother Jack Daniels, not my favorite but pretty good

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My best friend was in town, so we went up to the Guinness Open Gate Brewery in Baltimore.

Good day.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Redbreast 15 year.

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

Brought back a bottle of this 15-year offering from Grand Cayman. It is very nice straight up.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Just good ol’ Wild Turkey 101 with a Santa Maria Tri-tip, sweet potato fries from an air fryer, and salad.

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Last night, Knob Creek Rye, and Great Divide Yeti, and Lagunitas L'il Something. Ouch. Grape juice tonight.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
A wee bit of Glenmorangie Nectar D'or, 12 years old, 92 proof. It's fairly complex to describe, but good for a chilly, wet winter's night.

Tonight, more of the same as a toast to President Trump's acquittal.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post