SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Hi Wire is a stand out in the crowded Asheville craft beer scene. I was there one night last year and somehow wound up completely polluted by night’s end.

I’m currently drinking a red wine barrel conditioned imperial stout that was first aged in Bowman whiskey barrels. I don’t even like wine but this is incredible. It’s my last bottle of it too. *cry*

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Elijah Craig Barrel Proof batch A119 135.2 proof. Add two ice cubes and a splash of water.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
A Christmas gift from the wife.

You have an excellent wife with excellent taste. I miss the days of being able to find that readily available.

Wow, very nice indeed.

WJR

Posts: 1823 | Location: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Elijah Craig Barrel Proof batch A119 135.2 proof. Add two ice cubes and a splash of water.

That's some good stuff. I bought a bottle in February last year and finished it mid-June. Got the newest bottle (Batch C919 @136.8 proof) Mid November and already half way through it. Delicious. I like it more than the bottle of Blanton's that I'm also working on.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Well, I just learned of and bought the Christian Brothers Sacred Bond Bottled in Bond brandy. For comparison, the flavor is like a watered down Ansbach Three Year brandy. So the McKenna BiB is on deck.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Pear brandy with honey, at an incredible Serbian restaurant.

Quite tasty!

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I recieved a late Christmas gift. A bottle of Bulleit Bourbon, Barrel Strength. Enjoying a glass on the rocks right now.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Niece married. Lots in glass tonight.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
I bought a bottle of Ardbeg Korryvreckan today, as it was on sale and I'd only had the Ardbeg 10. The Korryvreckan is much different, and at 57.1% I had to put a spritz of spring water in it to really be able to taste all the nuances. This may take me a bit of time to get used to compared to my go-to Lagavulin 16 and Laphroig 10.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Jura Superstition. Visited the distillery a few years ago with my son. while all were good, I didn’t love some of their offerings. This one I like a lot. Lightly peated and nicely if you ask me.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to wade into decent bourbons lately. Decent; can't afford anything too fancy, but I also tend to really appreciate quality:value products.

Today I picked up a bottle each of Stagg Jr. and EH Taylor Small Batch. They seemed very different, considering they're both BT mash bill #1, but I enjoyed them both thoroughly, neat.

Am I on the right track?

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Russell's Reserve private barrel selection, Single Barrel. 110 proof.

ARman

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
I'm trying to wade into decent bourbons lately. Decent; can't afford anything too fancy, but I also tend to really appreciate quality:value products.

Today I picked up a bottle each of Stagg Jr. and EH Taylor Small Batch. They seemed very different, considering they're both BT mash bill #1, but I enjoyed them both thoroughly, neat.

Am I on the right track?

Try Old Forester Bourbon, and Very Old Barton. I believe they are very good bang for your buck.

Finding 100 proof Very Old Barton might be a little hard, but the 80, 86 and 90 proof is easily found.

I like Old Granddad, especially the 100 proof, and the 114 proof is more money, but still affordable (usually around $36.00 around here) but is better.

These are more budget friendly, but good value and they are of different styles, some being more rye heavy and spicier and others more wheat heavy and sweeter.

ARman

posted Hide Post
Elijah Craig Barrel Proof batch, Bulleit Bourbon, Knob Creek Blanton's are good middle/upper middle range price. All very good.

ARman

posted Hide Post
Misunderstood Ginger Spiced Whiskey

Chuck

Life's tough...tougher if you're stupid

(AKA "cwr" on SIGforum [email account issues])

Posts: 358 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: February 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Arran 10 Yr earlier this week and tonight; its lacking flavor and therefore overpriced at a penny above $19.99. So the Ardbeg 10 Yr 'Dogbone' edition is providing the remedy for Arran's lack of flavor. Palette cleanser of Lagunitas Lucky 13 Mondo Red Ale in between the scotches.

The last 1/4th of the bottle Arran went into a dump/infinity bottle of scotches and bourbons.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the Old Forester Signature at 100 proof. At about 20.00 around here it is a great bargain. Old Forester Rye at 100 proof is also a good pick and right at the 20.00 mark.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Bourbon question for you gentlemen.

I picked up a bottle of smoked maple knob creek, personally I thought it was too sweet and did not enjoy it, but that brings me to my question.

I’m on Hulu right now watching a documentary about bourbon, one of the rules of bourbon is that it cannot be mixed or blended with any other colors or flavors.

If that is true, how does Knob Creek get away with calling this combination “bourbon”, shouldn’t it be considered whiskey?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Wild Turkey Rare Breed. Makes a pretty decent Old Fashioned.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Whiskey labeled as "Straight Bourbon" cannot have anything added to it except water, so Knob Creek Maple (or any flavored bourbon) is not "Straight Bourbon" but is still technically bourbon as long as it meets the other legal requirements.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post