SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Trying some of my wife’s Winter Jack.
Turned out to be too sweet for me ! Eek

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Had a margarita on the rocks tonight. It was delicious. Can't remember the last time I had a margarita.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23253 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Wife got me some Macallan 12 for Christmas. I might just have myself a sip tonight.

Posts: 17886 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
What a wonderful night.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Harveys - light evening drink

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
White Russian for me.

Posts: 1955 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Jim Beam & water, over ice.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Crown Royal

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
last night was a couple of Sierra Nevada Celebrations,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last of the Egg Nog with a little peach brandy added.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Friday happy hour will feature Wild Turkey 101!!!

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
Starting with a couple Fat Head Headhunter IPA's at dinner. Probably open what may be my last case of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale when we return. Getting hard to find. Frown

Posts: 1633 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
A Christmas gift from the wife.

You have an excellent wife with excellent taste. I miss the days of being able to find that readily available.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Woodford and maybe an Old Forester chaser.

Posts: 3595 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:

You have an excellent wife with excellent taste. I miss the days of being able to find that readily available.

We got lucky.

Since the liquor stores here in Utah are state run, most things are sold at MSRP. Every so often they will get rare bottles of this or that, and this year they got a bunch of Pappy Van Winkle bourbons. Something like 5 of the 23 year old Pappy, 20 or so of the 20 year old, etc, etc. They had maybe a hundred of the 10 year old Pappy van Winkle available that my wife was able to purchase.

In the past, they would be distributed to the stores and then put on the shelves, but only the local restaurants and people in the know would buy them all up. The 23 year old sells for $299 at msrp. On-line I saw it selling for $4,000!

Anyway, people obviously complained, so this year the Utah ABC held a lottery. My wife and I both registered, but only she was chosen to have the opportunity to buy the 10 year old Pappy. She paid $70 for the bottle.

I was really hoping for that 23 year old bourbon though. Wink

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
10W-40 , this stuff is amazing !
Tastes like fresh ground coffee smells.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
A couple of Two Wheel Brewing IPAs after work. Now, a Glenmorangie Lasanta. Its nice, a little sweet. Last week I was enjoying the Whistler Imperial Stout Cask Finish. It was over the top sweet but I grew to like it. Pondering the purchase of a second bottle.

The Glenmorangie was getting repetitive so I cracked open the Henry McKenna 10 Yr BiB. Very nice sweet-n-dill flavor contrast.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mr kablammo,

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Started with a Yuengling Lager. Next came some Bailey's Irish Cream, followed by Winter Jack with a cinnamon stick. Then on to several Jack and ice. I'm definatly done posting for the night.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A pineapple Witbier with my daughter.
I'm not usually a fan of fruit flavored beers but this one is excellent.
Veteran owned brewery I frequent and the old man was stationed in Germany, Belgium and other parts of Europe. He picked up a few things and makes his own beer now.
Played some cards with my daughter and had a few pints.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:

We got lucky.

Since the liquor stores here in Utah are state run, most things are sold at MSRP. Every so often they will get rare bottles of this or that, and this year they got a bunch of Pappy Van Winkle bourbons. Something like 5 of the 23 year old Pappy, 20 or so of the 20 year old, etc, etc. They had maybe a hundred of the 10 year old Pappy van Winkle available that my wife was able to purchase.

In the past, they would be distributed to the stores and then put on the shelves, but only the local restaurants and people in the know would buy them all up. The 23 year old sells for $299 at msrp. On-line I saw it selling for $4,000!

Anyway, people obviously complained, so this year the Utah ABC held a lottery. My wife and I both registered, but only she was chosen to have the opportunity to buy the 10 year old Pappy. She paid $70 for the bottle.

I was really hoping for that 23 year old bourbon though. Wink

Congrats! We stopped by Buffalo Trace on our return trip from Richmond VA back to St. Louis MO on the off chance they might have some.

I came home with a hat

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post