SIGforum
Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/3790084453

May 03, 2019, 12:05 AM
ARman
Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
It's Derby time, I'm enjoying a little bit of the Old Forester Mint Julep.

As a per-mix goes, it's pretty good. 60 proof, smooth.

Derby on!....

ARman
May 03, 2019, 12:10 AM
ARman
quote:
Originally posted by sig operator:
RIC.45, I will be joining you tonight with the Monkey Shoulder scotch. Good stuff especially at its price point.
Cheers.

Yes, Monkey Shoulder is very good, especially for the price point.

ARman
May 22, 2019, 09:02 PM
Balzé Halzé

...To wind down after a long afternoon at the Chevy dealership. Just bought my wife a 2016 Tahoe. She's happy, so I'm celebrating with a $6 beer.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
May 22, 2019, 09:54 PM
Sig Sauer Kraut
Picked up some Weller 12 for $33. Popped it open last night and I think I’m going to be good friends with this bourbon. Better get my name back on the list at the local liquor store as this bottle won’t last long.
May 22, 2019, 09:59 PM
jigray3
Yeah, Weller 12 is hard to come by. Took me several years to acquire my supply. Antique 107 is a fair replacement, and some prefer it.

Booker's for me this evening.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman
May 23, 2019, 02:41 PM
GT-40DOC
I can't get any Wellers Bourbon here in So. Az.
May 23, 2019, 07:13 PM
ftttu
O'Doul's Amber like always. Bad kidneys keeps me from anything with more alcohol.

Since my favorite beers are Guinnes style stouts, does anyone know of anything really really dark and thick that is non-alcoholic or very low alcohol?

Also, I never was into alcohol, but I just loved the taste of beer. Just now, I'm unbelievably limited on what I can drink.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve
May 23, 2019, 07:50 PM
71 TRUCK
Club soda.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member
May 23, 2019, 07:59 PM
GrumpyBiker
Ftttu, if I was in your situation I think I’d give home brewing a try .
Keep the ABV level low and go for the flavors you love.
The micro / home brewing community I’m sure would be eager to help out .

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

May 23, 2019, 10:05 PM
mr kablammo
Old Grand Dad BiB. I really want some dang McKenna BiB. Or James Pepper rye.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.
May 24, 2019, 03:30 PM
GT-40DOC
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
I really want some dang McKenna BiB.

Google it.....I found some at a liquor store in Ca. and the price was very fair. They sent me two(2) 750 cc bottles. All in all, I was o.k. on the price, as I can not find any in So. Az.
June 01, 2019, 09:24 PM
stylophiles
Grabbed a plain ol Knob Creek to sample while I sort through two cans of “mixed 30-06” I lucked into today. So far, I approve... this seems a very nice $35!

Bill R
June 01, 2019, 11:45 PM
mr kablammo
Two Wheel Brewing Race Pointe IPA, TWB Chronic, and Weller SR. I lucked out and bought two bottles of McKenna BiB. Those are cached for cooler evenings.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.
June 03, 2019, 05:14 PM
Leeann
Yuengling. And a lot of it.

Funeral today for a really good man struck down by leukemia, a little over 15 yrs after breast cancer took his wife (my mom’s first cousin, whatever that makes me).

Their two kids, both doctors, are devastated at the loss of their second parent and their helplessness to do anything to stop the cancers.

F*@k cancer.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more
June 03, 2019, 10:29 PM
bronicabill
quote:
Originally posted by Leeann:
Yuengling. And a lot of it.

Funeral today for a really good man struck down by leukemia, a little over 15 yrs after breast cancer took his wife (my mom’s first cousin, whatever that makes me).

Their two kids, both doctors, are devastated at the loss of their second parent and their helplessness to do anything to stop the cancers.

F*@k cancer.

First... sorry for the loss you've experienced! I lost my brother to cancer just over a year ago and I completely agree.... F*@k cancer!!!

Secondly, Yuengling Traditional Lager is by far my favorite brew! I just finished off my stash of it yesterday and need to get some more.

Thirdly, I'll repeat in agreement with you... F*@k cancer!!! Cancer sucks more than my vocabulary will allow me to express!

June 03, 2019, 10:41 PM
DoubleAdobe
quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun Zeke:
Evan Williams

Atta boy, Leroy, hahaha
June 03, 2019, 10:45 PM
DoubleAdobe
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I can't get any Wellers Bourbon here in So. Az.

In the vernacular, donde' esta in S. Az.?
June 06, 2019, 02:11 PM
rat2306
Pabst Blue Ribbon beer, Ithaca mfd. M1911A1 circa 1943 for protection. Only two, to stay within the limit.
June 06, 2019, 04:30 PM
GA Gator
Elijah Craig barrel proof A119

Really tasty.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo
June 06, 2019, 08:59 PM
pawprintsdoc
Old Forester Single Barrel tonight.