SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Man if that Elliot ness actually looks that dark red/brown, I’d try it!

Here's an actual pic of the color (not mine, just grabbed off Google).

I really like ambers, and Eliot Ness is very good. I'd love to find it on tap somewhere but I've only had it in bottles so far.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great Lakes Edwin Fitzgerald porter is pretty damned good. I’d totally try the Eliot Ness amber if I could find it around here.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
SN Bigfoot, 2019; Old Foghorn; Lagunitas Super Cluster. Swingin' for the fence tonight!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sunday P.M. will feature Knob Creek cask strength.....Mmmmmmmm.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Drinking Knob Creek Rye now. Wondering if Laphroig Cardeas Quarter Cask is still available.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I’m watching 2 of the original 6 battle in game 7, I thought a classic was in order ... it’s a Sazerac night.

Chuck

Life's tough...tougher if you're stupid

(AKA "cwr" on SIGforum [email account issues])

Posts: 358 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: February 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
My bottle of 10 yo tawny port went empty while I was pouring into my liqueur glass. So I completed the fill with Irish whiskey. Wasn’t bad at all.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8930 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
There is a Rite-Aid across the street from my office.
Has a decent liquor selection, or at least good prices on what they do have.
Truck runs every monday morning, i run over and the manager lets me know if they got anything good in.
I occasionally get Blantons there, tough to find.

This weeks haul....under $60 for both bottles.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
Widow Jane 12 year tonight

Posts: 740 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:

This weeks haul....under $60 for both bottles.

no f'ng way! i recently paid $78 for just the eagles rare !

Posts: 102 | Location: Southwest Fl | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Eagle Rare, not a fan. The Sazerac Rye is a fave. I sipped some Weller SR this evening. Now BOLO for the McKenna 10 Year BiB but it is sold out due to San Francisco. Dang, the McKenna would sit on the shelf for months and now that I want a change from the Col EH Taylor the trendies are buying it up... fuckers.

...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
It's strange how that seems to vary by region...around here, the McKenna 10 yr seems plentiful, but I have a heck of a hard time tracking down Col EH Taylor, one of my favorites.

Posts: 740 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
McKenna 10 y/o is almost impossible to find around here. I found some in Calif. and had it shipped in to me. I had a taste or two yesterday!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
Actually, this was last night and since it was so good I'm going to have another tonight. Smile

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1365 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIC.45, I will be joining you tonight with the Monkey Shoulder scotch. Good stuff especially at its price point.
Cheers.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
RIC.45... were you celebrating a new turntable? Big Grin

As for me, I've a third of a bottle left and am enjoying a dram or two. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16182 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Don José Horchata. Ice cold and hits the spot.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hamm's. $5.99 a six pack, or just say a buck for a 16 ounce can. So I bought two six packs. Smile

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Kentucky Tavern... my new favorite bourbon. It’s really cheap, but tastes at least as good as Jack Daniels Old No. 7 does, at one-third the price!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4573 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post