SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Damn, guys, are you drinking at this time of day??

Gotta have a li'l something to get the day started, eh?

I think you're assuming everyone works 9-5pm.

I get off work @ 6am .
This is evening for me throughout the week.

This is a decent one when I can't get a growler filled.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I worked a 12 hour shift, 6 to 6 and it rotated days and nights and days of the week.
A glass of something you enjoy is a nice way to end the "day", whatever the hour.
Johnnie Walker Double Black tonight.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I don't typically drink hard liquor, but I've been on a "cranberry juice and vodka" kick lately. I was wanting something lighter than beer on hot days, and those really hit the spot.

And this past weekend, my wife made some kind of highballs with ginger ale, Crown Royal, and a few other minor ingredients (lime?). Some recipe she found online. They were pretty refreshing after sweating all evening doing yard work.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight will be Jim Beam Devil's Cut.....a bold bourbon, but not crude!!

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Spey River Double Cask, which was OK. Redbreast Lustau, my 4th bottle, which is not as finessed as the first three.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
Jim Beam Devil's Cut

How do you like the Devil's Cut? I've been trying some of the Beam offerings lately. I typically like anything from Buffalo Trace, but their offerings are getting harder to find, even here in KY. Beam products always seem to be plentiful on the shelves.

I've had the Double Oak and the Distiller's Cut (unfiltered), which are both pretty good and the Signature Craft Quarter Cask, which is overpriced. The D.C. is bottled at 100 proof but drinks like it's even higher, which I like. For a ~$20-25 bottle, it's pretty hard to beat.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Redbreast Lustau, my 4th bottle, which is not as finessed as the first three.

Our local distributor opted NOT to get any of the Lustau so I've not had the opportunity to sample it. Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
Jim Beam Devil's Cut

How do you like the Devil's Cut? .

I am currently consuming two(2) Jim Beam products:

(1) Devil's Cut.....a bold bourbon, but not rude or harsh.

(2) Jim Beam Black....A moderately priced smooth, aged bourbon that is quite pleasing for the cost. Is it the best bourbon out there...no, but is definitely a keeper, IMHO

I will have to look into the JB Distiller's Cut bourbon....thanx

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bookers Little Noe. My last two fingers and bottle until they release it again in November.

Wait - is it tonight yet?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hofbrau Original. Grilling up a couple of bratwursts, got some German potato salad and baked beans. I'm ready for a bit of early fall (Oktoberfest), just not a summer person.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Went into my local juice store for another bottle of Glenmorangie Spios (amazing!) and spotted this Pact 4 Blood Oath Bourbon! It is outstanding, another great expression. Made for an expensive day.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Luksusowa vodka and cranberry juice, in a tall glass over a lot of ice.

It's a Polish vodka, made in the traditional way from potatoes. I'm a vodka newbie, but this was recommended by a buddy as "the best value in vodka". He said it was better than most of the fancy vodkas, and under $15 a bottle.

So far, I'm liking it. Mixes well, with no burn or funky tastes.

Tomorrow evening, after yard work, I'm going to try it mixed with sparkling limeaid.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
After a pour of the Blood Oath after work, i’ve migrated to the deck with a Dram of Stagg Jr. At 132.5 proof, it warms the gullet.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I don't typically drink hard liquor, but I've been on a "cranberry juice and vodka" kick lately. I was wanting something lighter than beer on hot days, and those really hit the spot.

You know what I found to be a pretty refreshing vodka drink? Vodka, fresca, and a splash of cranberry juice. I tend to like to add a little more than just a splash though. Pretty good even if I'm actually a bourbon or scotch guy.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
sho chiku bai . . .

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife just made me a Deep Eddy’s vodka and sprite. Very very good.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight it’s Barenjager.

Chuck

Life's tough...tougher if you're stupid

(AKA "cwr" on SIGforum [email account issues])

Posts: 358 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: February 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Woodford Rserve

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gundlach Bundschu Mountain Cuvee. With my steak. Quite nice.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post