SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
EH Taylor single barrel. Lovely.

Yes. Yes, it is.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
EH Taylor single barrel. Lovely.

Yes. Yes, it is.

I have enjoyed the Small Batch and its a favorite. A bottle of 'Tornado C' would be awesome but that's really real money.

So... tried a Twisted X Vienna Lager (yawn), Bitter Sisters Cat Fight (s'kay), SN Bigfoot 2018 (not so big), and Tullamore Dew. None have 'hit the spot' so I just uncapped a Gnarly Wine. Probably quaff half and finish this movie and hit the sack. Invasion of the Saucer Men...

https://youtu.be/cjtASrKtpos

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
Jack Daniels Single Barrel Rye (really smoove)

Then Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. EC is my daily pour, (though I'm no where near a daily drinker).

And Highland Park 12 yr scotch, which has a light smoky flavor but an underlying sweetness.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites!!
I work 3rd shift so it's 5 O'clock right here !

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight will be Jim Beam Devil's Cut bourbon.

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Earlier, Jim Beam Black.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I tried to make a super beer by freezing two Dragon's Milk. There was a thick syrup extruded by the open bottles that was concentrated with flavor on thawing. It tasted like gin. Sticking two beers in the freezer is kind of lazy. Really one ought to calibrate the temp to below the freezing temp of water and above the freezing temp of ethanol. And use the phase diagram for 11% Etoh.

That's just too much work... I got the idea from seeing a bottle of Tactical Nuclear Penguin on sale for about $100.

Other than the somewhat not unsuccessful 'super beer', Tallgrass Oatmeal Cream Stout, and Backwoods Bastard.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight: it will be Schlitz. Schlitz, the beer that made Milwaukee famous. Found it at a supermarket this afternoon. Lost my father recently, and at times he'd open one up while still available years ago (then he discovered Miller Genuine Draft...). I'll have a couple in his memory.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

This stuff is tasty, brewed just up the road.

Posts: 3595 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
Having a couple Coastal Empire Beer Company Tybee Island Blondes. Similar to a Kolsch beer. Not bad.

Hell, is other people! J-P S

Posts: 1140 | Location: St Simons Island, Georgia USA! | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Just flew in to Grand Cayman for the week, so Tortuga 12-year old rum over ice with a lime squeeze.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2018 Hopslam! I snagged a case this year; a dozen or so over the next couple months, then one or two a month to remember the taste until next January.

I also have some Zombie Dust and Karben4 Fantasy Factory on ice for the evening. Wisconsin got up in the low 40s today, so it's an IPA kind of evening.

tatortodd - I also snagged some of your fave; Weihenstephaner Hefe. Also got Weihenstephaner Vitus and am looking forward to trying that for the first time.

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After 43.5 hours in three days I'm sipping on some Wild Turkey 101 and going to call it an early night!

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Fortaleza Blanco Tequila. Salud

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
tatortodd - I also snagged some of your fave; Weihenstephaner Hefe. Also got Weihenstephaner Vitus and am looking forward to trying that for the first time.
Nice! I had some Weihenstephaner on draft tonight. Delicious!

Also, tried a cacow which was a tasty stout with lots of coffee notes.

My lady friend recently discovered she is a hop head so they made an IPA flight for her and she liked the Alesmith IPA the best

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23253 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA earlier in the evening. It’s ok. I prefer a Lagunitas. Only IPA at the restaurant.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Earlier, Tullamore Dew. Now, Ardbeg 10 Yr.

Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Sumbitch, what a week!
This should do...

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Yum! With a kick!! Says 9 years but this store pick is just shy of 14 years aged.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post