SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Köstritzer Schwarzbier (black lager)

Damned good.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ever clear cut with water. I realized I don't drink for the taste....

Posts: 389 | Registered: February 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
A friend gave me this stein for Christmas.
Couldn't think of a more appropriate brew to christen it with !

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Nice stein!

Jameson IPA Caskmate, Great Divide Barrel Aged Hibernation Ale, Lagunitas Litle Sumpin' Ale.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I've got to say: I've become increasingly fond of this New Holland American White Oak Beer Barrel Rye. When I'm in the mood for a whiskey, lately, I more often reach for this New Holland spirit than any of the others I have on hand.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight will be Knob Creek bourbon.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Taylor Fladgate 10 yo tawny port. So good! A few comments about other 10 yo tawny ports in recent memory:

Dow's – a close second to the Taylor Fladgate. If my store is out of the Taylor Fladgate, I buy the Dow's.

Fonseca – a distant third. Too sweet, a bit short on character.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, finishing up the night with Samichlaus, it is from last year. I need to get some more. Very tasty!

Merry Christmas!

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I LOVE YOU BOURBON

I love you too Handicorn

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Boulevard Snow & Tell (meh), St Bernardus Christmas Ale, Robert Burns Single Malt.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Old Rip Van Winkle 10 year Bourbon, neat of course.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Silly Scotch Ale aged in scotch barrels, Arran Robert Burns Single Malt (NAS), High West Double Rye. Thankfully I had Duck & Fennel sausages, mashed potatoes and rutabegas, and dilled herring for dinner. Otherwise I would be reeking of alcohol!

I say this in a tone of humor;
I hope you live alone after that combo because what you reek nobody should be a part of !!!

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1302 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Some Dry Fly Distillery Port Barrel Aged Bourbon. A375 bottle protected by some fresh 357 goodness in the form of my new GP100 2 1/2" 7 round bit of Freedom.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
My big kid got me a bottle of Lagavulin

mmmm- it's a (cough) little peaty (cough cough)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MikeinNC,

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
First of all - Happy New Year everyone!

Did a little side by side taste testing after a brief discussion about MaCallan 12 vs 18. MaCallan 12 has always been one of my favorites (always being since I started my Scotch and other Whisky endeavors last spring). I'd purchased an 18 with high expectations and while it was very good, I was underwhelmed considering the price point. This is the first time I've tried them side by side though. Because I'd been planning on cracking a Balvenie 17 Doublewood tonight I thought I'd throw that in the mix. Now I don't have the gift of expressing what's going on with my palette and I don't think that's a prerequisite for enjoying whisky. I had some 2 year aged Gouda and some ice water to cleanse.

The first thing I noticed which comes through in the pictures even was how much darker the younger 12 was than both of the others.

I started with the 12. Nosing - strong Carmel and toffee and a bit of vanilla. Absolutely wonderful. Tasting was also full of buttery caramel and toffee, changing flavors pleasantly through the long lasting finish. So very smooth and pleasant.

The 18 nosing was less caramel, more fruity. Tasting was certainly brighter, almost like a white wine influence which is probably the extra 6 years in the sherry cask. I would have expected a deeper, richer taste being aged longer. Like the 12, the 18 was complex in its transition to a wonderful finish.

I was anxious to get to the Balvenie as I'm a huge fan of the Balvenie 12 Doublewood. Nosing - surprisingly mild and subtle. I really had to get in there to get hints of caramel and vanilla. Tasting - maybe the smoothest of the bunch but certainly the least complex. Very tasty but certainly not as much of a sherry Bomb as the other two. Rightfully so considering it is only finished in sherry casks as opposed to the two MaCallans. All 3 are excellent Speyside single malts, which happens to be my favorite region.

Which one is the winner? ME! Honestly though, lucky for my pocket book, I think the Macallan 12 is my preferred dram.

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts
Picture of GRIZZLYBEAR
posted Hide Post
I'm on a rye kick for the New Year so it'll be Masterson Rye

Posts: 1895 | Location: SOMEWHERE IN,, PA USA | Registered: May 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Glass of red wine, Sirius 40's Channel on, just mellowing out. Debating on a slice of cold pizza.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Asbach 3 Yr brandy, Robert Burns Single Malt (nicely smoothed out at the bottom 3rd portion of the bottle), Squatter's Hop Rising, Sazerac Rye, Einbecker Mai-Ur-Bock. All evened out with goulash and kasha for dinner.

posted Hide Post
Tonight, Old Granddad 114. It's pretty good, especially for the price.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post