SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Nectar of the gods. 10 yo Taylor Fladgate tawny port.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8936 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

You've posted about that port before. I really need to find some and try it. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

You've posted about that port before. I really need to find some and try it. Smile

https://www.wine.com/product/t...ALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://winelibrary.com/wines/...jg6gu28aAgAyEALw_wcB

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
had some ron Zacapa 23 yr old last night at a party. it was yummy...
 http://www.klwines.com/Products/i?i=1013444 

Posts: 29 | Registered: March 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dinkel Acker Oktoberfestbier Marzen

It doesn’t remotely taste like Oktoberfest Marzen, more like Beck’s. Won’t buy it again...

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
It'll soon be Taylor Fladgate 10 yo tawny port. If they served this for communion wine, church attendance would double.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8936 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Went to a Pappy Van Winkle tasting last night. Tried the 10, 12, 15, 20 and 23. All were VERY good but the 20 followed by the 12 was my fav. Didn't win the lottery to buy one so instead I came home with this Ardbeg 10 Islay Scotch. A great peaty whisky.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BRL,

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post

Wow! What a great after dinner Scotch. If you're more of a Bourbon person you'd still like the. One of the 3 oak casks it's aged in is a Bourbon barrel, the other two are two different types of sherry casks. Very nice.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Laganitas IPA. I used to hate IPAs until I didn't.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Going heavy on the peat.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Two Wheel Cap Rock IPA, Two Wheel IPA, Einbecker Mai-Ur-Bock, Lagunitas Gnarly Wine (excellent), Green Flash Palatte Wrecker, Victory Mighty Things. Might have a 'Dew' as a nightcap. Fortunately I gorged on Kao Soi noodles for dinner.

Avoid the Auchtnausen (sp) American Wood, completely underdeveloped waste.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leeann:
Dinkel Acker Oktoberfestbier Marzen

It doesn’t remotely taste like Oktoberfest Marzen, more like Beck’s. Won’t buy it again...

I take it back. Apparently, that was a bad bottle.

Tonight, I gritted my teeth and pulled out another, just to get rid of it...and it wasn’t bad at all. No idea what happened to the first one, but the second and third were just fine. Not the best, but definitely not the worst.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Silly Scotch Ale aged in scotch barrels, Arran Robert Burns Single Malt (NAS), High West Double Rye. Thankfully I had Duck & Fennel sausages, mashed potatoes and rutabegas, and dilled herring for dinner. Otherwise I would be reeking of alcohol!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
I had a couple of swigs from a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel that I bought yesterday.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
Angels Envy Rye. Finished in rum barrels. Unique and delightful.

Posts: 393 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Johnny Walker double black last night, it has become a staple in our house.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I love the peat. I backed into the big peat through a couple of moderately peated whiskys. Highland Park 12 and Talisker 10. Lagavulin 16 is the oldest I'll go because I like the powerful process and peat flavors.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whistle Pig - Black Prince.

If you can find this (in VT) - you will gain a new appreciation for Whiskey Rye.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Probably coffee.

My blood sugar will not allow alcohol consumption. But then the last time I drank alcohol was at my MILs wake some 30 years ago in Germany. Took a drink of beer as part of a toast to her, and recognition that she had come from a well known gasthaus in her very early life.

To all those who have no such restrictions: Eat, drink and be merry! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy

Merry Christmas to all and a very good and prosperous New Year.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight, it will be 1792 Bourbon.

Posts: 6614 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post